ECN Forum
Posted By: gfretwell Cheaper than polishing - 07/25/11 02:17 AM
Printing is cheaper than polishing off the sharp edges.

[Linked Image from gfretwell.com]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Cheaper than polishing - 07/25/11 02:31 PM
Is this another classic of a "CYA"??
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Cheaper than polishing - 07/27/11 11:09 AM
...like the Toyota I drove about in Dharan during GWI which had a notice on the wing-mirror to the effect that stuff seen in reflection was not its true size? I'd have preferred a warning notice on the dash that bozos with tea-towels clamped to their heads with bungee-cords were prone to take short cuts and drive toward you on the wrong side of the freeway at closing speeds of over 120mph....but that's just me. eek
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Cheaper than polishing - 07/27/11 11:15 AM
...furthermore, Winnebago changed their user instructions after losing a lawsuit bought by a woman who set her cruise control to 55mph, then went in the back to make herself a sandwich!
Posted By: wire_twister Re: Cheaper than polishing - 07/28/11 12:53 PM
Everyone on that jury should have been lined up and run over by a Winnebago. That is as bad as the McDonalds verdict over the woman spilling hot coffee in her lap.
Posted By: harold endean Re: Cheaper than polishing - 08/01/11 02:22 PM
I know many an EC who got cut on very sharp 1900 covers and utility covers, etc. I called UL about it once, and was told that I would have to send it in to UL so that they look at it. I never got an answer back.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Cheaper than polishing - 08/01/11 06:04 PM
The 1900 covers and utility covers issue may have been a better complaint issue by sending it to the mfg. Probably Mullbery Metals here in NJ, if they were not 'imports'.

Posted By: gfretwell Re: Cheaper than polishing - 08/01/11 07:52 PM
When you have Pass Seymore printing "sharp edges" on their covers, it is clear they know about it and chose not to fix it.
Posted By: trobb Re: Cheaper than polishing - 08/01/11 11:12 PM
Check out the Stella Awards for more, they are dedicated to the inane lawsuits some people try to win...

http://www.stellaawards.com/
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Cheaper than polishing - 08/02/11 02:37 AM
The US Chamber of Commerce sends me the dumbest lawsuit of the month Email every month.
http://www.chamberpost.com/2011/07/...the-month-the-flippin-the-birds-edition/
© ECN Electrical Forums