ECN Forum
Posted By: NORCAL Is this any way to connect a haz. loc. motor? - 06/22/09 07:27 AM
This was the way I got this mess. Any comments welcomed.

[Linked Image]

Looks safe enough from this side of the country! Hey, at least they connected the ground wire so they were somewhat safety-conscious.
Whats the hazard? aside from the install.

Even I would have put in a box.Or at least some 33!!!!
Cheap basta*&s.
Originally Posted by EV607797
Looks safe enough from this side of the country! Hey, at least they connected the ground wire so they were somewhat safety-conscious.

That TEK "grounding" screw is another problem too. crazy
Why has it got seven wires going into it? confused Why is it parked on the tailgate of a truck? confused

Well, at least they attempted to scrape the paint off from under that self-tapping ground screw. smile
Originally Posted by Alan Belson
Why has it got seven wires going into it? confused Why is it parked on the tailgate of a truck? confused

Well, at least they attempted to scrape the paint off from under that self-tapping ground screw. smile

Why is it parked on the tailgate? Because I wanted the motors, that's why. whistle

BTW the TEK screw is not a kosher method of grounding.
What Class & Division??
If it werent United States I'd say wye/delta three phase and thermal protection (though 8 wires seemed more likely in that context).
The motor is 1 HP 1Ø, rated for 115/208-230V.
Did the fan came off from the spray booth area ? if so they are freaking nuts.

Merci,Marc
When was the back end of a pick up a hazardous location?
On the freeway? sick
The fans came from a patio boat builder who went belly up & the LL was cleaning out the building, I have no idea how they were used, just wanted the motors crazy

BTW, Grainger wants about $636.00 ea for just the fans W/O a motor, that price does not reflect the discount given to some customers of Grainger's.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4C660
Based on the pic, I guess the hack didn't cut the motor leads & left them long enough for flex to a box? (All Classified Loc., of course)

Off topic. Alan B., Nice quote. I like it. Now back to our regular scheduled programming
© ECN Electrical Forums