ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke Loose light - 10/15/06 06:55 PM
This light is located but a few doors from my home. I wonder how long it will work, until the wires wear through? And- how long will it take the handyman to find the reason the breaker keeps tripping?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rewired Re: Loose light - 10/16/06 02:09 AM
Well, if the breaker is of "Zinsconian origin", just follow the shower of sparks [Linked Image]
Probably would guess a few weeks of swaying in the wind and the conductors will ground out.

A.D
Posted By: steve ancient apprentice Re: Loose light - 10/16/06 03:58 PM
Just dropoff your card. Im sure you will get a call in a couple of weeks at best. Hopefully the conduit is properley connected or else there may be a chance of energizeing the pipe,
Posted By: NJwirenut Re: Loose light - 10/16/06 05:37 PM
Is it just me, or does this mess look like it has been painted WHILE dangling like that?

Either that, or we can only see the neutral wire...
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Loose light - 10/17/06 12:14 AM
Good catch, NJ! While the light may be playing a trick, I just looked... and you are probably right!
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Loose light - 11/13/06 04:15 AM
An update.... this fixture was out...but now has a new bulb in it. That someone would change the bulb without fixing the problem amazes me!
Posted By: PEdoubleNIZZLE Re: Loose light - 11/13/06 04:32 AM
Why bother to even change the bulb? It looks like it was supposed to light up the wall, but it's not quite doing the job. Reno: is this located in the southwest? (just wondering what kind of weather it's exposed to)

[This message has been edited by PEdoubleNIZZLE (edited 11-12-2006).]
© ECN Electrical Forums