ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin What Does the Inside of Your Truck Look Like? - 09/29/06 02:05 AM
pics by HCE727:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
more ....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
All that money on fancy organizers... and still I see a milk crate [Linked Image]
Everybody has different ways of doing things.
I can say this, nice truck HCE. Is it always like that, or did you clean it up for the photoshoot? [Linked Image]

If you are doing residential service work, especially if you intend on having more than one truck, but the equipment.

1- it looks better and more professional. And since you are dealing with the Home Owner, it matters what they think.

2- as you add trucks, it's easy to stock them all the same. Make them interchangable.
Now that mate, is flash!. [Linked Image]
I'd be proud to own a vehicle that well organised.
What brand/model van is that BTW?.
The trucks look beautiful!

But, what does the home shop/bench look like?
The truck is always kept that way, good days or bad. Only one jobs material is on the truck at a time, unless I am doing a couple of jobs in a day. I am all for fancy stuff, if it makes the job easier and keeps everything in order. The van is a 2004 GMC, 2500 Savana, with the the Pro package

[This message has been edited by HCE727 (edited 09-29-2006).]
"Pro Package"???
Please explain what that package gives you... Just curious as our vans are of the " home brew" style.

A.D
Pro Package
Nice truck. I ike to keep the work truck as organized as possible. This way if I forget something for a job (IT DOES HAPPEN), I have it in stock and can find it easier. Less time in the truck = more money in the pocket over the course of a week, month, and year. Down time isn't good. Sure it takes time to keep it organized and well stocked, but in the end it comes down to production, and being organized is a big part of that production. Plus I get seriously frustrated on a job when I missing "1 thing" and that 1 thing costs me 1 hour.

[This message has been edited by ShockMe77 (edited 09-29-2006).]
Shock, I couldn't have said it any better. I see some guy's trucks and they are a mess. I don't know how they find anything.
HCE727: Very nice, professionally outfitted truck [Linked Image]. I hope you had a good alarm system installed to help protect it.

Mike (mamills)
Mine has its days, and it has some DAYS.... But mostly eye-level heap all the way across. [Linked Image] Maybe I'll clean up for a pic or two...
Just wanted to echo Reno's comment on the milk crate. Funny observation there! Milk crates and buckets go hand in hand with ducttape and tiewire. [Linked Image]
I just got through hosing about 50 lbs of dirt off mine (mostly in the wheel wells) Gotta love the serpentine roads of the oil fields [Linked Image] I'll get some pics of my bins on here soon... nothing too exciting in there [Linked Image]
Where you working these days Randy, you no longer in the service side of life?
© ECN Electrical Forums