ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke Truck Organisation - 09/25/06 12:29 AM
I thought I'd share some of the 'low tech' ways I sort things out in my truck.

First, I found square peanut jars and obsolete wire milk crates to be a good way to store parts:

[Linked Image]

Shovels carry well on the ceiling:

[Linked Image]

A surprising number of power tools fit neatly into assorted ammo boxes- which fit my bins just right:

[Linked Image]

Finally, plastic downspout material works well for sorting hand tools:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Truck Organisation - 09/25/06 12:53 AM
ingeniuos....thanks for the ideas
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: Truck Organisation - 09/25/06 02:02 AM
I like the gardening equipment up high like that. I do something similiar to that. I have several lengths of 1" PVC supported by cowboys and they house fiber sticks, broom, and threaded rod. I can't stock everything but I sure as hell try.
Posted By: napervillesoundtech Re: Truck Organisation - 09/25/06 04:45 AM
Thats awesome! I bet you can find stuff really quickly like that.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Truck Organisation - 09/25/06 04:17 PM
A big [Linked Image] John.
There is a LOT to be said for being able to find things in your vehicle, especially if you need them in a hurry.
One thing I found handy was old (empty) RTV Sealant cartridges, amazing what you can store in them, held to a sheet of ply with 50(?)mm saddles.
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Truck Organisation - 09/25/06 04:52 PM
Just ask Iwire what my system of organization is like. [Linked Image]

Peter
Posted By: trobb Re: Truck Organisation - 09/26/06 04:17 AM
Very nice. It's things like that that can easily make me choose one spark over another. If only more people cared about their equipment like you do...
Posted By: Wireless Re: Truck Organisation - 09/26/06 02:05 PM
Do you have to unscrew the unistrut straps in order to get the tools down?
Posted By: HCE727 Re: Truck Organisation - 09/27/06 01:11 AM
Everybody say's that I am a_ _ l about the way that I keep my truck. At the end of the day nothing gets thrown back on the truck. everything goes back in it's place. When I go out to my truck for something, I want to find it right away, I see soms guy's trucks that are a mess. I will post some pics when I get a chance.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Truck Organisation - 09/27/06 01:55 AM
Good question, Wireless. In general, the pipes are large enough for the handles to slide in. The one exception is the digging bar; with a chisel on one end, and a tamper on the other, there is no pipe, just the clamps holding it in.
In any event, any digging bar makes far too good of a spear in an accident; it's the one thing you want to have held in place!
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Truck Organisation - 09/27/06 02:20 AM
I see soms guy's trucks that are a mess. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Depends how the day went. Bad day, trucks a mess. Easy day, it looks good.

Somedays I can't find one tape measure, but I know there is three in there somewhere.
Posted By: HCE727 Re: Truck Organisation - 09/27/06 07:15 PM
Good day or bad day, it all goes back to where it belongs at the end of the day.
Posted By: DougW Re: Truck Organisation - 09/28/06 04:10 AM
I've got a TailGator (dual coffin lid style)like this:

[Linked Image from i44.photobucket.com]

I've got 1 1/2" CPVC conduit chunks mounted under the middle section of the cap to hold my 1/2" & 3/4" benders, a broom, and my glowrods. I'm going to organize my parts and supplies into some dividable bins I picked up.
© ECN Electrical Forums