ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/18/06 04:49 AM
These pictures are a service our company will be upgrading. Notice the cut neutral. they are getting the return by way of water pipe.

- richard
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That ain't right. It's a good thing you will be upgrading it.
OHMG - don't touch it while it's still hot.
What's that funny looking gound thing in the last photo?
Posted By: electure Re: Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/18/06 12:07 PM
they are getting the return by way of water pipe.

You'd better get out and make up the neut or disconnect this service before they kill a plumber.

If a plumber cuts through the water pipe ahead of the GEC's connection, the plumber will become the new return path.
Posted By: richard Re: Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/18/06 12:56 PM
the service was changed the next day. It is scary what people will do to save time and money to do something that could have killed the plumber that was working at this house.
Posted By: richard Re: Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/18/06 01:01 PM
what's a gound?
Thot's e mosprant, I thomk.
It's something that a pilot tries to know as little about as possible. [Linked Image]
In my past life I have only had 'firm" contact with the "ground" once in 30 years. Annnnnd I didn't kill a plumber doing it, just made some work for the airport electrician replacing some runway edge lighting. :-)

Dave
Dave,
Does that mean that gound is what you usually talk to on pint sven, once clear of the ative rnway?
Je
Posted By: e57 Re: Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/22/06 04:15 AM
Most runway and taxiway lighting (other than signage) operate by means of series wired current transformers at each light on ungrounded systems, hope you wore gloves....

Anyway, sounds like this place faired well, it's still standing...
Posted By: Trainwire Re: Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/22/06 03:08 PM
I hate when I run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time.

TW
JE

Yep THAT ground except where I was it's on pint niner when clear.

When I "firmly" contacted the ground (read: supporting surface) at least I kept flying it till the last bit stopped moveing. Then I ran like HEdouble hockey sticks away as fast as I could. :-)
Posted By: HCE727 Re: Carpenter Moving Service for Addition - 03/23/06 01:35 AM
What is wrong with you guy's, "black to black, white to white, ground not needed". It work's don't it?!
Landing lights are a great boon. They help to stop you falling down the stairs in the dark.
© ECN Electrical Forums