ECN Forum
Posted By: electure The Original "Firewire"? - 06/24/05 11:09 AM
Got a call for a garage rewire... Customer wanted to add a 240V dryer outlet as well.... He didn't like it when I told him he was out of space in his 4 circuit FPE panel.... He really didn't like it when I told him how someone had made space for a 240V range circuit....

Randy (Lostazhell)

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 06-24-2005).]
Posted By: Radar Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/24/05 09:29 PM
I dunno - looks like there might be room for one more wire under there if you try really hard! Heck, ya got 60 amps to use up!

What was/were he/they thinking?
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/25/05 12:47 AM
If those wires are 20Amp, you're at capacity, but, if they're 15amp circuits, there's room for one more! [Linked Image]
Posted By: winnie Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/25/05 01:15 AM
Silly humans. Those are _9_ amp breakers. No overload problems at all.

-Jon
Posted By: mxslick Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/25/05 05:09 AM
[Linked Image] What difference does it make anyway? After all that is an FPE No-Trip breaker!!

Doh!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/25/05 11:15 AM
Why, so they blooming are! One even has the word NO engraved on it! [Linked Image]
Alan
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/27/05 08:56 PM
Those #8 TW's are bad enough.... The 4- 12AWG TW's are for the entire house.. so every outlet in the house has the potential of a 60A draw... : [Linked Image]:

The best part is this is a rental house and the property owner didnt see this as something that needed attention... He was whining more about having no room to shove a 240V dryer circuit in this mess.. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/27/05 09:00 PM
When did they allow the breakers to be on in the down position?
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/27/05 10:04 PM
Randy was standing on his head again...
Posted By: renosteinke Re: The Original "Firewire"? - 06/28/05 12:25 AM
The rule against "upside down" breaker must be fairly recent...I've seen a number of Square D "combination" services where half of the breakers were upside-down.
© ECN Electrical Forums