ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Don't Believe Everything You See! - 06/06/05 09:24 PM
I found these lamps at a customer's house. They sure look nice from the front, but a side view shows that there is no direct connection between the fixture and the box.

The lamps had UL labels- but my knowledge of UL standards made me doubt that UL would accept such a product...and, no real surprise here, the UL label turned out to be counterfeit, with a non-existant "file number" on it.

- renosteinke
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Don't Believe Everything You See! - 06/07/05 12:07 AM
Reno,
What are the chances of being able to trace this "phony" back to the supplier?

Where would you report such a thing?
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Don't Believe Everything You See! - 06/07/05 01:04 AM
UL has a procedure known as "field reports," where such matters are initiated.
I would have loved to run these fixtures down, but I lacked some co-operation from the owner. I suspect they were picked up on a trip south of the border.
There was, other than the UL lables and a "made in Mexico" lable, absolutely no identification of any sort on them.

I forgot to mention that they also lacked any means of grounding.
Posted By: mxslick Re: Don't Believe Everything You See! - 06/07/05 08:08 AM
I think those things should be prohibited due to being butt ugly!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Don't Believe Everything You See! - 06/08/05 08:13 PM
due to being butt ugly!!
Got to agree on that. They might look at home on the walls of one of our medieval English castles, I suppose. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Don't Believe Everything You See! - 06/08/05 08:47 PM
One has to have SOMEWHERE to hang the servants!
Alan
© ECN Electrical Forums