[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

threaded aluminum conduit on roof:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Admin Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/10/05 04:05 AM
the line to the building. notice (last pics), the point of attachment is on the sign not the building.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DougW Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/11/05 03:20 AM
What comes out of the NEMA box on top of the meter base.... power theft point, perhaps?
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/11/05 03:30 AM
Nasty, hacked up electrical, and that roof pond does not look too healthy either.
Posted By: mxslick Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/11/05 04:54 AM
Very fortunate this didn't evolve phase-to-phase and destroy the riser.

Agree with DougW, what's up with the can above the meter base? Hack substitute for a proper hub maybe?

edit: And is that bypass lever engaged and continuing to feed the building?

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 04-11-2005).]
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/11/05 05:34 AM
on the second photo i did notice on main lugs above the socket and i did see the diffrent conductor on left hot line lug look like copper wire is there and the rest is alum wire and this socket this is delta service becaue i can tell by hot conductor with red wild leg on right side of it and also the netrual wire it is copper also so this is very instering set up

Merci, Marc
Posted By: rad74ss Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/11/05 08:36 PM
Has anyone checked the gasket on that LB? If that thing starts to crack up due to age/sunlight/heat, the riser turns into a funnel.

I have seen a lot of places with burn outs due to cracked or torn gaskets. Most people don't even think about checking them or changing them out, even though it is relatively cheap versus the cost of replacing whole services.

Robert
Posted By: richard Re: Lost a Phase, Burnt Meter Pan - 04/11/05 10:47 PM
i might get a chance to check out that gasket. my boss has to give a price for repair of this mess
© ECN Electrical Forums