ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Assorted Pics from Job Walk Thru - 12/22/04 04:17 AM
These were also take on a walkthru of a job we were about to take over.

Well lets always remember to make sure that we make a hole big enough to fit our wire through. i think i need not say anymore on that pic.
[Linked Image]
The next time you sit down on the thrown to .... well i neeed not say just remember what may be possibly above your head. This is directly over the toliet and also the exaust fan for the bathroom. Cause you know plumbing never springs a leak!!!! and shelves never fail either.
[Linked Image]
Well on this one i would only say hay the gangs all here !!!

Enjoy,
NJ Wireman
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve Miller Re: Assorted Pics from Job Walk Thru - 12/22/04 10:44 AM
Back around 1983 we did a retro in an old liquor store in Wash DC. The switch bank there set a record that I have never seen broken ... it had 21 (yes, 21) switches in a row ... and it had a 21 gang face plate on it. The owner said it was put in back in the late 1930s so they wouldn't need to unscrew the fuses to turn all the lights off. To this day I could kill my guys for throwing the face plate away.
Posted By: DougW Re: Assorted Pics from Job Walk Thru - 12/22/04 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

<snip> The owner said it was put in back in the late 1930s so they wouldn't need to unscrew the fuses to turn all the lights off.

My first thought - the days before "lighting control" panelboards...
Posted By: energy7 Re: Assorted Pics from Job Walk Thru - 12/22/04 09:44 PM
Re: the Water heater photo:
I wouldn't be concerned about the plumbing-clean solder joints w/no flux residue, Smitty pan w/drain (for the future leak in the tank), steel angle strut to spanner on ceiling to support the 50 lbs. or so of water.
My concerns are - disc. for DWH not accessible, and MC cable in contact with the copper water piping where it runs through the wall.
© ECN Electrical Forums