ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 12:44 AM
I thought that some might be interested in seeing some of the conduit work done by our shop at a rather large project. A couple of the photos might be a little blurry as I was highly caffeinated and the lighting is from temporary fixtures.

- KennyFrank
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dmattox Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 01:22 AM
Wow, thats pretty impressive [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 02:31 AM
Awesome. I love conduit.

Dave
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 02:53 AM
Great work Kenny. The guy in the top picture must be really fast to be a blur like that. Did he do all of this in one day? [Linked Image]
Posted By: e57 Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 07:27 AM
NICE!

Really too bad all the mind bending stuff, compound bends underground will only be seen by an archiologist. Who may not have the full appreciation for it.

And the trappize work is straight enough to make everything else look crooked.

Kudos to the crew!
Posted By: CharlieE Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 12:02 PM
Speaking of skilled trades . . . wow, what else can really be said? This is awesome work. [Linked Image]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy
Posted By: Ron Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/23/04 10:44 PM
What kind of facility is it? It looks familiar.

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited 10-23-2004).]
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/24/04 01:56 AM
Nice work!

With the high price of pipe these days, that work looks EXPENSIVE!

Peter
Posted By: DougW Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/25/04 05:55 AM
WOW!!!

Dat's a lotta pipe!

Make our resi 1/2" look like hollow pipe cleaners!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/25/04 06:52 AM
Question from an outta-towner.
How is that larger diameter pipe bent?.
Great to see work like this and I agree, it's a shame that it will all be covered up by concrete.
It's a shame they don't make glass floors, for the viewing pleasure of us Electricians!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: KennyFrank Re: Complex Conduit Work - 10/25/04 12:58 PM
Thanks for the comments - I will pass on the compliments to the crews. [Linked Image]
Almost all of the overhead work will remain in full view for as long as the building exists, which our guys looked at as an incentive to do a fantastic job - and moving along at quite a pace on top of it. In a week or so I will have a few more pictures to put up. I can't comment on where the facility is located, other than east of the Mississippi and west of the Atlantic...
Many of the bends are done with a Greenlee bender I don't remember the model number, but I think we have 4 of them on site now. A lot of the full 90 degree bends in heavywall conduit are actually manufactured long radius elbows (24" - 48" radius, depending on the cable to go in afterwards).
© ECN Electrical Forums