ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Check these out! - 09/21/04 10:07 AM
Guy's,
Here are a couple of pics that you might enjoy having a look at:

[Linked Image]

and the other:

[Linked Image]

I'm not too sure if that guy in the top pic is welding the gas tank on that truck or not, what do you think?.
Posted By: electure Re: Check these out! - 09/21/04 12:45 PM
Oh my gosh. [Linked Image]

Is there another picture of that little truck launching over the fence?
Posted By: pauluk Re: Check these out! - 09/21/04 08:57 PM
I can't make out the license plate on the back of that truck, but I jave a sneaky suspicion this might be another South-of-the-border Darwin candidate...... [Linked Image]
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Check these out! - 09/22/04 09:36 PM
I want to know how he got the truck up that high?
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Check these out! - 09/23/04 01:29 AM
The Incredible Hulk, of course! That's why the green truck with the green license plate. [Linked Image]
Posted By: OreElect Re: Check these out! - 09/23/04 04:41 AM
Should`nt the guy on the roof have a safety line on and hard hat?
Also,does that welder do side jobs?
Posted By: cs409 Re: Check these out! - 09/23/04 10:33 PM
who took the photos?
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Check these out! - 09/24/04 12:55 AM
Check out rock103.com picture of the week archives for the first pic.
Posted By: lil suzi Re: Check these out! - 09/26/04 01:54 PM
Can we say: Insanity?! Suicide?! I wasnt thinking of the roofer not having a hard hat, but rather, one would think more on the lines of the forklift holding up the scissor lift. Jeeze!Whats wrong with these pics, hmm, let me count...
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Check these out! - 09/26/04 02:34 PM
cs409,
I'm not actually sure who took the photo's.
They were posted at a Occ Health and Safety Forum in Australia.
lil suzi,
The thing I'm thinking with the bottom pic is this:
How did they get that scissor lift up there, in the first place?.
Also, I'd sort of hope that that section of lean-to roof, is well anchored to the wall of the building!. [Linked Image]
One last point, I can't help but think, that there is some sort of an exit/entry/fire escape to the left of the pic, that's been covered up by a new sheet of siding, where that ladder goes through the roof of the lower section.
Anyone else get that feeling?.
Posted By: No Arcs Re: Check these out! - 10/21/04 12:05 PM
Well guys.... I hate to admit it but the truck with the green number plate looks a lot like a Vermont plate and that I may know a few people around here that might do a stupid thing like that. Frank
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Check these out! - 10/21/04 12:19 PM
Frank,
Welcome to ECN!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Check these out! - 10/21/04 03:46 PM
I'm thinking the licence plate is green because it got over-sprayed when they subjected the truck to the "Earl Scheib experience" [Linked Image]
Posted By: No Arcs Re: Check these out! - 10/22/04 12:32 PM
Thanks Trumpy
Posted By: Radar Re: Check these out! - 10/24/04 05:26 AM
Think I'll send these pictures to the Safety guys where I work, just to get their reaction. Unbelievable. Radar
Posted By: pauluk Re: Check these out! - 10/24/04 07:27 AM
I hate to admit it but the truck with the green number plate looks a lot like a Vermont plate and that I may know a few people around here that might do a stupid thing like that.
Welcome to ECN Frank.

Looking more closely at that plate again, do you think Colorado with the strip of mountains across the top might be another possibility?

[Linked Image from 15q.net]

Green doesn't seem to have been a particularly popular background color for license plates over the years. In the last 25 years only CO, IA, NH, and VT appear to have used green plates, with only CO and VT using them regularly. Canada appears to have none in that time.

www.15q.net

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 10-24-2004).]
Posted By: electure Re: Check these out! - 10/25/04 01:20 AM
These old plates (proper time for the truck) fade out & oxidize to just about that hue, I think

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Check these out! - 10/25/04 04:58 PM
Looking at the truck, I see that the color on the body of the truck matches the color of the slats around the bed, which matches the color of the license plate. Since the body and slats match, it appears that this truck as been painted.

I bet that the same guy painted that truck that keeps painting over all our wires, switches & recepts. As per his usual practice, the license plate was there, so it got painted, too.

[This message has been edited by SolarPowered (edited 10-25-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Check these out! - 10/25/04 06:41 PM
At least he left the brake/turn/tail-lights red! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: Check these out! - 11/05/04 03:09 AM
I can only imagine it was his saftey-mindedness that prompted him to put the second 4X4 under the truck, I'm sure one would have done the trick fine.

The forklift thing doesn't look too crazy. I'm sure the forklift is carrying most of the weight. The scissor has slots for loading it on and off a flatbed trailer. The only scary thing is that you don't know where the tipping point is as the center of gravity gets higher.
© ECN Electrical Forums