ECN Forum
Posted By: electure At the Swap Meet - 08/30/04 11:48 PM
Lots of the things offered for sale at the Swap Meet might have something wrong with them.

Here's the places that they're sent to test them out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What do you think?? A good idea, or a bad one??...S
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: At the Swap Meet - 09/02/04 02:30 AM
Scott beat me to this.... this is about half mile from my house at a facility of higher education.... (Sorta) [Linked Image]

-Randy
Posted By: electure Re: At the Swap Meet - 09/06/04 02:08 PM
I tried reporting the broken outlet.
First to a guy who was wearing a shirt marked "Public Safety".
He told me it was not his job or problem, to go elsewhere, and that I obviously didn't know what Public Safety was about. [Linked Image]

The next place I tried was the Swap Meet office. He said it was not his job or problem, that I should try "Public Safety" but he would tell his Supervisor (who's job or problem it isn't either, I'm sure).

I guess I'll try the college now. (as it still isn't fixed)

Just try and find someone that gives a crap??

Well, it's not my job or problem either, but I just can't see it going on like that.
Posted By: electricman2 Re: At the Swap Meet - 09/06/04 02:19 PM
We have got so used to having electricity around,(just reach out and flip a switch and lights come on or just plug something in and it works) that I believe people have lost their respect for something that can and will KILL!if not properly handled. [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: At the Swap Meet - 10/31/04 12:16 PM
WOOPEE!! THEY FIXED IT!!

The sign was also relocated so that the plug-in-the-grass is not in use by swapper/shopper.

(Look what I bought for $6. The guy that sold them to me said he had already sold a pair of "welding gloves" that morning for $4)

10KV, and just like new. They were carried as a spare set (hence the "S")

[Linked Image]
Posted By: capt al Re: At the Swap Meet - 10/31/04 04:20 PM
Scott, nice find. Please have them tested before you rely on them for your safety. Did they come with a pair of leather gloves also? Rubber gloves, leather gloves, & bag for gloves at $6.00 great buy.

Al
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: At the Swap Meet - 11/05/04 02:44 AM
Too bad they fixed that outlet. Maybe you could have tested the merchandise before you bought it.
Posted By: electure Re: At the Swap Meet - 11/06/04 12:59 PM
Al,

I didn't get the outers, 'cuz the guy sold them as welding gloves. ;(
© ECN Electrical Forums