ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Lineman's Pad - 07/24/04 04:27 AM
Here are some pics I snapped when replacing a main breaker for a linesman who works for a local Poco subcontractor! [Linked Image] (In his defense, he says he just recently moved in with his fiancee, who has lived here for 6 years [Linked Image] )

-Randy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Lineman's Pad - 07/24/04 03:25 PM
In pic #1 are those #12 or #10 on that 50A C/B?
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Lineman's Pad - 07/25/04 09:35 PM
Norcal,
#8Stranded & #10 Solid.... This breaker has duties to the A/C Condensor & the dryer! [Linked Image]
The 4th pic down is what scares me the worst! Open box full of lint! [Linked Image] I guess if there is anything on the bright side,... This garage is detached from the house! [Linked Image]

-Randyh
Posted By: CharlieE Re: Lineman's Pad - 07/26/04 05:07 PM
Linemen are not electricians and vice versa. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Lineman's Pad - 07/28/04 03:28 AM
CharlieE wrote:
Linemen are not electricians and vice versa

You can't tell me the average person could look at this stuff & think "Yeah, that looks right.. " [Linked Image] He admitted these things needed attention, I just found it kinda ironic ..

-Randy
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Lineman's Pad - 07/30/04 10:13 PM
Randy,
In that third pic, has that wall been spray-painted?.
Now,if there was a wire going into that piece of pressure pipe, to the right, that would make me laugh.
Linemen are not electricians and vice versa.
Hey Charlie, some of us are!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: CharlieE Re: Lineman's Pad - 08/01/04 09:53 PM
Trumpy, I am assuming that you know that I made a general statement. Guys that work as engineers are not electricians but I had my own electrical contracting business for a few years (got my license through the Block exam). Shucks, I even had a set of hooks and did a little secondary work but I assure you that I was never a lineman. LOL [Linked Image]
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Lineman's Pad - 08/02/04 04:41 AM
That wall looks like somebody went hogwild w/ an airless paint sprayer.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Lineman's Pad - 08/03/04 05:45 AM
I'd go with Norcal's observation.... THe wall looked Wagner'd when I was there....
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Lineman's Pad - 08/03/04 07:03 AM
This is off the subject,but has anybody noticed that Wagner has that annoying sound their sprayers produce muted in the TV adverts,it should be run in a cemetery, it most likly would raise the dead. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums