ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin A Near Miss . . . - 10/21/03 04:58 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here's a "near miss".

While I was piping for a new extrusion line, this came through to my surprise. A maintenance worker was storing some unused machinery (alone) with a forklift on the other side of the wall...S
(electure)
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: A Near Miss . . . - 10/21/03 09:34 PM
Duck and cover! [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: A Near Miss . . . - 10/24/03 11:39 PM
A day after Bill posted this, another forklift enabled haulin'-a** moron ran into me in an aisleway in the same facility. I jumped out of the way, but he still managed to nail me in the ankle with a fork (only slightly).
Boy am I mad, and boy, aren't we lucky.
A couple of inches the wrong way, and they would've lost their 480 EXO, or in the other case, I, my foot.
Posted By: txsparky Re: A Near Miss . . . - 10/24/03 11:45 PM
Electure, are you getting Working around idiots err..Hazardous pay on this job? [Linked Image] Glad he missed in both instances, especially the ankle. [Linked Image]

Donnie
Posted By: electure Re: A Near Miss . . . - 10/26/03 06:59 PM
Thanks, Donnie.
I guess there's no place to hide. I went back to the office the following day, only to find this!
[Linked Image]
Some nut drove up onto the porch and rammed the air conditioner through the wall!
(Is this National Things Coming through Walls Week or something?)...S
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: A Near Miss . . . - 10/27/03 01:26 AM
You sure that's not a competitor doing that?
Posted By: spkjpr Re: A Near Miss . . . - 10/31/03 03:28 AM
I don't have a picture but one of our forklift drivers stabbed a large switchgear once. His forks went in between the bus bars. One of the brilliant line supers said,"Good thing he didn't hit them. He would have been grounded by the static chain and killed. The static chain he is reffering to is a #12 jack chain we put on the lifts to drain of static charges. All the electricians rolled onthe floor laughing and said that little chain would have evaporated with that kind of current.
© ECN Electrical Forums