ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin pool-pump enclosure - 10/03/02 05:29 AM
Hi! I’m new to the forum (username=zapped), but have been visiting (and enjoying) the site for some time.

Most of my work is handed to me from a general contractor that deals with Homeowners Associations and Business Park Management companies, so, as I’m sure you can imagine, I run across quite a few fascinating and terrifying installations.

Here are a couple pictures of the latest, but certainly not the most horrific, bundle of surprises. These were taken in the pool-pump enclosure of a rather upscale HOA here in Southern California. The first two are of an Inter-Matic timer box with the timer removed, a broken latch, and an exposed neutral. The second is of a two-phase lighting contactor with a missing enclosure cover (pool guy + wet area + leaning against the wrong wall = major law suit). Feel free to use the pics if you like!

-S. Cannon (aka 'zapped')
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: pool-pump enclosure - 10/04/02 01:09 AM
Welcome to ECN.
Here in NJ, these two items would be "picked-up" by our "Annual Pool Inspection" requirement. We have "scarry stuff" all over the place too. It's our collective goal to "make it right", and make a living doing it,
John
Posted By: Trumpy Re: pool-pump enclosure - 10/13/02 02:33 AM
Welcome to ECN,
The lower picture showing the lighting contactor does not make good viewing, a pool
area should really have non-metallic, weather-proof enclosures.
If that is what is in that enclosure,I would
also check the enclosure to the left of it too.
© ECN Electrical Forums