ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Pool Timer - 03/13/02 10:48 PM
[Linked Image]
The timeclock is feed with 6/2 WG connected to a 60 A 2 pole. It supplies three motors 1-2HP 1-11/2HP 1- 1/2HP for the swimming pool. Each motor is connected with 12/2 WG-NMB. Pool man's tap rules I guess.The location of the timer is in the 1000SQFT plus pool house. The property is conservatively 600 thousand dollars. The pool light had never been connected but was wired with no GFCI or bonding. Picture of CT cabinet on the pool deck is a coming attraction if it doesn't make the coroners photos before mine.

WATTHEAD
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Pool Timer - 03/14/02 12:22 AM
It looks like a weatherproof timer is in order! Good thing you caught this before something bad happened!
Posted By: watthead Re: Pool Timer - 03/14/02 03:12 AM
Sorry about the spelling it should have been feeded with a 6/2WG It is feed fed feeded isn't it?
Posted By: electure Re: Pool Timer - 03/15/02 02:57 AM
You must be kidding!!
This timer shouldn't be connected to a 60A circuit.
Wake up and address some of the problems here!!
Posted By: watthead Re: Pool Timer - 03/15/02 11:48 PM
The picture is only to show what you run into on a daily basis in an area that has inspectors on the payroll and regularly takes permit money from me. The timer and associated wiring were junked, and a panel was mounted with individual 20 amp breakers for each motor. I will try to post a picture so you guys can gig me on the installation.
watthead
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Pool Timer - 03/16/02 02:15 AM
Watthead,

Looking at this picture I can almost taste the pool chemicals.

Yuucckkk!
[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: electure Re: Pool Timer - 03/20/02 02:42 AM
Honest, if you post a "better than" pic, I'll be a happy guy.
There are so many violations here that I was left nearly speechless. An uncommon thing for a big mouth like me [Linked Image]
Posted By: Admin Re: Pool Timer - 03/22/02 11:59 PM
[Linked Image]
Ripped out pool timer and replaced with a panel, a new timer, and some X-10 switches so the owner can turn on the jets to the spa without having to touch the switch after he has been in the pool or spa. (remote control transmitter only has a 3.2v battery) I have nightmares about a soaked swimmer operating a non-gfci switch.
[Linked Image]
Recessed panel and timer because Bill was right on the money about the pool chemicals that were eating up the previous timer switches etc. PVC conduit run around wall with carflex drops to motors. O.K. gentelmen fire at will.

watthead
Posted By: sparky Re: Pool Timer - 03/23/02 01:14 AM
hmm, mighty clever with the X-10's there... [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Pool Timer - 03/23/02 01:38 PM
Very Nice!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: mamills Re: Pool Timer - 03/25/02 04:33 PM
Watthead:
This is what I particularly enjoy about this forum. A qualified contractor is called in to correct a really ghastly situation, takes photos for documentation, performs a first rate installation, and shares photos of his new work. IMHO, where you really excel is in providing the remote control switches. Having that much concern for the customer holds you in good stead.
Excellent job! [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: wolfdog Re: Pool Timer - 03/25/02 05:25 PM
Oh I got it! The label is crooked on the panel. Feel better?
© ECN Electrical Forums