ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/27/02 02:29 AM
[Linked Image]
I found this fellow working on the wallpacks around our shop. The circuit is on, and he's replacing a ballast. Apparently he puts lots of faith in the little latex gloves he's got on. I offered him a bit of help...to shut off the timer...to lend him a ladder. He refused loudly and called me a nasty name.

- Electure
Posted By: Nick Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/27/02 06:41 AM
Is that an aluminum ladder?
Posted By: mamills Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/27/02 03:50 PM
Sure looks like an aluminum ladder to me...

Electure: Be a really nice guy and offer to call EMS for him when he gets knocked off the ladder. [Linked Image]

Is this guy supposed to be a professional electrician? Doesn't look like any I've seen...

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/27/02 07:00 PM
Latex gloves...they probably have a 5-Volt safety rating [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/28/02 12:40 AM
Yes, it's an aluminum ladder, with ***Electric written on the side.
Drove back to the shop, suggested they dial "91", and wait for the thud to dial the last "1". (Note the soffit light below him is on).
How many of you guys know CPR? It's a must for all of us!
Posted By: Nick Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/28/02 02:27 AM
I know CPR but my certification has expired. I need to get current again as it's a must for us too.
I thought I was going to have to use it a couple of weeks ago. One of my men had a heart attack. He is ok and recovering now.
Posted By: sparky Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 02/28/02 10:52 AM
As I understand it, art 600's sign switch requirement came about via all those sign guys doin' the funky chicken
( bad for biz too..)

As to CPR, keep yer Ugly's handy....
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 03/03/02 04:39 AM
Ahh, the Electrical Stuntman strikes again! [AKA "The Fall Guy!"].
He's been hiding for a few months.

Anyhow,

Hey Scott:
This Tilt-Up looks like the ones in Northeast Anaheim, off of Miraloma St.

Am I close in ...Assumption... ???

Nothing feels better than the High Voltage Pulse Ignitor's 2500 volt output when working on HPS fixtures! Feels much better while working off an extension ladder!

Scott SET
Posted By: electure Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 03/03/02 02:19 PM
Scott,
Yes, you're fairly close..here's a hint.
It's in Orange, and you've been in this building before, but at the other end [Linked Image]
Incidentally, I ran this guy's company name through the CSLB License check. Although he's got advertising on his truck, shirt, ladder....he has a suspended license. (not at all surprising. Maybe the gloves are so he doesn't leave fingerprints?)

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-03-2002).]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 03/03/02 10:11 PM
Ahh yes, it's near the Santa Ana Riverbed, across the freeway from the Stadium. Thought it looked familiar!

Scott SET.
Posted By: wirewiz Re: Wondrous Wallpacker - 03/05/02 02:16 AM
I'll bet I drank beer in that industrial park when I was in high school!! It was probably one of the lights we used to try and break so we coudn't be seen!! (We never were successfull) [Linked Image] Katella High Alum here
Go Knights [Linked Image]

He really wasn't using that little latex glove to work it hot was he??? You guys have got to be kidding!!!

It is surprising to me the number of electricians I have seen running around town town with aluminum extention ladders on their rigs. I know I worked for a company and that was all we had for a while, until they mysteriously became damaged quiet frequently.

Be honest, how many of you have used them
© ECN Electrical Forums