ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Prima Donna? - 01/26/02 01:30 AM
[Linked Image]
The vendor that supplied this machinery complained to the customer that I was a "Prima Donna Electrician" that was "Just a Troublemaker" because I had a couple of issues involving its connection that he "Gets away with everywhere".

(Sure, almost everywhere).

- Electure (Scott)
Posted By: George Corron Re: Prima Donna? - 01/26/02 01:42 AM
Scott,
Welcome to the crowd, fighting manufacturers "cuts your teeth" for the long haul. IBM, Binks, National Cash Register, just a few of the ones I've heard "We do it everywhere else" from. My reply is usually something along the line of just cause your wrong a thousand times don't make you right [Linked Image] Seriously, maybe you could talk them into making the door open 180 degrees so you can troubleshoot it on the run [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Prima Donna? - 01/26/02 11:33 AM
The prob I have is that manufacturer's seldom can converse consicely, or have integral knowledge in the very product they sell .
Posted By: nesparky Re: Prima Donna? - 01/28/02 04:26 AM
That manufacturers rep line of b******* has been used so many times by thier lazy get my comission and run clowns. Have also heard it from general contractors who come into a city for one or two jobs.
Strange thing is when you ask where and on what job they could "get away with it" , either they cannot/willnot say, or it was far away.
Had one general tell me that line then mention the exact location of the job. Later I happened to pass thru that city during a vacation trip. I stopped by the job site, then went to see the local inspector. When I asked the local inspector about what that general had claimed, the inspector said "That lying son of a b****, H*** no, we do not allow that type of cra* work.
As far as I am concerned, It just a crybaby line of b***. I usually tell them "GROW UP". I then call in the inspectors and ask for a inspection of that item. When it's red tagged, I write up a change order. Have even recomended different manufactors equipment.
Strange when junk work costs a general/owner money how fast that line is dropped.
Posted By: George Corron Re: Prima Donna? - 01/28/02 04:40 AM
nesparky,
Geeez man, don't hold back, it's bad for the blood pressure [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Prima Donna? - 01/28/02 10:24 AM
I've used those nema rated hoffman? enclosures with the removable board for relay banks., only to find a fan hacked into the side later on.... [Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Prima Donna? - 01/29/02 01:06 AM
Sparky, LOL!!
As you can see, this nice NEMA 12 enclosure already has a fan hacked in (bottom left), and louvers (top right) (There's another enclosure right next to this one.) The installer showed me the label for the enclosure to show me that his machine was UL listed. [Linked Image](most of his components aren't)
Coiled SO cord on right is 40'long-#4 "power supply" cord they wanted to hardwire to the building. Door for control xfrmr enclosure opens only about 30°. Numerous motor starters without proper clearance.Sealtite run 15' with no straps, fittings made up handtight. It was a different voltage and amperage than we were told when the customer ordered it.
Simply lovely
Posted By: Hookman Re: Prima Donna? - 02/18/02 09:15 AM
Sounds like the manufacture and installer could use a complimentary copy of the NEC
© ECN Electrical Forums