ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin What's wrong with this picture? - 06/30/01 03:30 AM
[Linked Image]
What's wrong?

Wm. Grenier
Posted By: Tom Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 06/30/01 10:25 PM
Where's the PPE?

This hurts my back just looking at that tool pouch.

I can't get a closer look, are there actually any conductors connected to those fuses?

Tom
Posted By: electure Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/02/01 10:42 PM
Gloves? (that Ideal tester looks almost like a prosthesis in the pic, the colors are so close).
Posted By: ampznvoltz Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/07/01 10:25 PM
It's a woman.????
Posted By: sparky Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/07/01 11:44 PM
hmmmm,
with a prosthetic wiggy , kinda girl i'd bring home to mom!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/11/01 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tom:
Where's the PPE?

This hurts my back just looking at that tool pouch.

I can't get a closer look, are there actually any conductors connected to those fuses?

Tom
I carried that pouch around for 20 years. Maybe that's why I'm tired. You are right about the PPE. That's one
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/11/01 07:36 PM
Originally posted by electure:
Gloves? (that Ideal tester looks almost like a prosthesis in the pic, the colors are so close).

Sorry about the picture detail. You are right about the gloves. That's two. Now whatis the third and last thing that's wrong?
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/11/01 07:37 PM
Originally posted by sparky:
hmmmm,
with a prosthetic wiggy , kinda girl i'd bring home to mom!

[Linked Image]
Careful now, that's my daughter!
Posted By: sparky Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/11/01 10:17 PM
protective eyegear ?

ElecTrainer,
mom loves to talk code, that's all...really!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/11/01 10:18 PM
dedicated space?

mom would know...
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/20/01 01:44 AM
dedicated space?
Space is not a problem.

mom would know...
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/20/01 01:47 AM
protective eyegear ?
Tom got that. Thats PPE (personal protection equipment)
ElecTrainer,
mom loves to talk code, that's all...really!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 07/20/01 01:52 AM
Originally posted by ampznvoltz:
It's a woman.????

Point for recognition, but that's not what's wrong.
Posted By: bordew Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 08/28/01 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ElecTrainer:
Sorry about the picture detail. You are right about the gloves. That's two. Now whatis the third and last thing that's wrong?

she has gloves, and a huge pouch, for tools of course but no Safty-glasses.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 09/15/01 01:21 PM
Looks like the "Loose" end of the probes is probing to the Ungrounded Conductor.

Simply stated, the Black lead, which has been inserted into the sleeve of the Wiggy, has been placed on the Grounded conductor, and the other lead [the Red one] is placed on the Ungrounded conductor and is held directly in the person's hand.

Should be the other way around.
The "Free" lead [not held in the Wiggy's sleeve], should be probing the Grounded conductor, and the "Sleeved Lead" [the one held within the Wiggy], should be probing the Ungrounded conductor.

First connection would be to the Grounded conductor, then the other lead gets connected to the Ungrounded conductor.
Disconnection is reversed [Hot first, then Grounded conductor].

For L-L voltage checks, where the Lines are all Ungrounded, it's a crapshoot to figure which one to probe first [Linked Image] Here's where I would be more prone to using the "Sleeved Lead" in my left hand.

Is this anywhere near the 3rd thing wrong, or am I so wrong that the light emmited from "Right" is Red-Shifted, as it accelerates away from me??? [Linked Image]

Scott SET
Posted By: Redsy Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 09/16/01 12:13 AM
Scott,
I do it the other way--
Stick the black lead into the Wiggy, go to ground, then check the hots. It seems to make it easier to see the scale on the wiggy if it is always at a fixed position, and it is less cumbersome to move just a probe around than it is the whole tester.

Other than that- she will probably pick up a voltage through the load and one of the other fuses. This will probably be a reduced voltage, but enough to make the Wiggy vibrate and she will believe that this fuse is good, even if it is not.

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 09-15-2001).]
Posted By: ElecTrainer Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 09/17/01 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Redsy:
Scott,
I do it the other way--
Stick the black lead into the Wiggy, go to ground, then check the hots. It seems to make it easier to see the scale on the wiggy if it is always at a fixed position, and it is less cumbersome to move just a probe around than it is the whole tester.

Other than that- she will probably pick up a voltage through the load and one of the other fuses. This will probably be a reduced voltage, but enough to make the Wiggy vibrate and she will believe that this fuse is good, even if it is not.

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 09-15-2001).]

Thanks for your input. No one got the third mistake. I posted this picture because someone sent a message directly to me suggesting that the tester should only be used with "one hand" I disageed but I thought I should post it to see if anyone else thought that way and you apparently don't.
A wiggy, in my opinion was never meant to be used with one hand. Does anyone else think it should?
Posted By: Redsy Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 09/18/01 01:08 AM
HOW do you use a Wiggy with one hand!?
Posted By: electure Re: What's wrong with this picture? - 09/18/01 11:48 AM
Redsy,
Easy, you just get a prosthesis with a built in wiggy. Then, when you use it in conjunction with your remaining hand, you are using only 1 hand (& 1 prosthesis).

Honestly, I was going to ask the same question.
© ECN Electrical Forums