ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/23/09 02:19 AM
Or, so the guy told me. The fine arrangement of parts you see is how he ran circuits from his panel on the other side of the wall.

First off, his hole in the panel failed to line up with his hole in the wall ... with just the tiniest slice - think "waning moon." The bit of EMT you see exiting the LB, naturally, is just sitting on the wood.

Continuing his craftsmanship, he did not use a flex 90 connector, either. He simply bent the flex, and wrapped the end with electrical taps. So much for grounding! Please note the tie wire securing the flex to the gas line.

This arrangement supplied power to the washer, the dryer, and the garage lights.
[Linked Image from i143.photobucket.com]
Posted By: EV607797 Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/23/09 02:39 AM
Do I dare ask what your response was to his statement? bash
Posted By: harold endean Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/23/09 03:18 AM
The next statement should be, "Make sure you give a big donation to your volunteer (or paid) fire department. This way they will get here quicker when you need them!"
Posted By: LarryC Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/23/09 08:17 PM
Obviously he saved big bucks by using only one screw to hold the "cover" on the LB. Plus the extra "ventilation" helps keep the wires cool and therfore no derating is necessary.

Larry C
Posted By: WireNuts29 Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/24/09 03:18 AM
ANy idiot can do electric work...SEE
Posted By: sparky Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/27/09 01:59 AM
and there's no shortage , as i see similar installs every day....~S~
Posted By: Rewired Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/27/09 07:51 AM
Agreed I see excellent workmanship like that every day as well! Weird how the more of it I rip out the more of it that seems to appear, each time a more "creative" install than the last!

A.D
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: "I Do All My Own Work" - 02/27/09 02:21 PM
The sad part may be....

As the economy gets worse, people will be looking for more ways to get things done "cheaper".

Hacks are always going to be around, as are qualified sparkies.

© ECN Electrical Forums