ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Outdoor Install in Quebec City, Canada - 03/27/08 12:35 AM
Hello!

Here are 2 photos of outdoor electrical setups in Quebec City, Canada. I am on vacation here and spotted these 2 horrible installations. I thought you guys might get a kick out of them.

Best regards,
William Boucher

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]
Posted By: IanR Re: Outdoor Install in Quebec City, Canada - 03/27/08 11:22 AM
in the last pic; At least they mounted the power strip face down, so the water will drain out of it :p
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Outdoor Install in Quebec City, Canada - 03/27/08 08:23 PM
That looks like what you also see at any typical campground in the US. To refer to their work as a "Handyman special" would actually be a compliment.

I've always wondered how this stuff goes on, I mean there must be fire marshals or electrical inspectors who visit these places even as regular citizens. Even in their off-time, you would think that they would follow up when they got back to work. I understand that inspectors don't have the same enforcement authority as police officers, but come on. Even a novice can tell that this stuff is a major hazard.

Thank goodness that they don't sell rocket propellant at home centers. YET.
Posted By: LarryC Re: Outdoor Install in Quebec City, Canada - 03/27/08 08:31 PM
The second picture is strictly temporary. After 90 days it is "of course" removed. smile

Larry C
The yellow extension cord in the first picture was obviously installed by a sailor. A power boater would never use a knot like that...

Cheers,

Andy
I like the plug installed on the armored cable in the first pic.[Linked Image from diychatroom.com]
Originally Posted by junkcollector
I like the plug installed on the armored cable in the first pic.[Linked Image from diychatroom.com]

Sharp eyes!
Posted By: packrat56 Re: Outdoor Install in Quebec City, Canada - 08/12/08 04:08 PM
A plug installed with armored cable, never seen that before.
© ECN Electrical Forums