ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Propane Tank Install - 09/19/07 02:03 AM
You have to love a 30, 000 gallon propane tank sitting on a almost nicely done electrical install

Jon aka Walrus

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RSmike Re: Propane Tank Install - 09/19/07 04:41 PM
I've heard about these. That's one of those gas powered generators. As the gas flows through the pipe it turns the generator to make electricity.

Interesting....

RSlater,
RSmike
Posted By: walrus Re: Propane Tank Install - 09/19/07 07:00 PM
No
Thats a propane pump used to batch 100lb cylinders. Look closely at the union under the peckerhead. You'll see its a standard 3 piece coupling instead of an Exp.Prf Union
Posted By: RSmike Re: Propane Tank Install - 09/20/07 04:22 PM
Of course I wasn't being serious. I should have used the node/wink smiley....

RSlater,
RSmike
Posted By: mamills Re: Propane Tank Install - 09/23/07 01:48 AM
It looks like the coupling and whatever kind of raceway containing the wiring has pulled loose from the peckerhead, exposing the wires/connections to the vapors that may be present.

Question: Is this particular electric motor even suitable for use in this environment?

Mike (mamils)
Posted By: walrus Re: Propane Tank Install - 09/24/07 10:26 AM
The motor is indeed correct, the cooling fan is on the outside behind the slotted guard you see. The case is sealed with shafts out each end to run pump and fan
Posted By: Joneser Re: Propane Tank Install - 10/01/07 05:34 PM
I see what appears to be a pvc adapter between the explosion-proof braided flexible conduit and the peckerhead, and possibly some gray pvc glue? or duct tape?
Posted By: walrus Re: Propane Tank Install - 10/01/07 06:08 PM
Thats part of the flex, it has weathered that color. Install has been there for 20 years or so
© ECN Electrical Forums