ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Why put a new meter socket? - 09/19/07 01:54 AM
Why put a new meter socket, there is one there already!

- HCE727

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TOOL_5150 Re: Why put a new meter socket? - 09/19/07 03:53 AM
I see 2 problems here: 1) double lugged on main. 2) If that new subpanel does not have a main breaker - I am sure they are over their 6 throw limit.

Nice try - no cigar.

~Matt
Posted By: CaOperator Re: Why put a new meter socket? - 09/19/07 04:02 AM
Open ko's above the washing machine!! yikes
Posted By: mamills Re: Why put a new meter socket? - 09/19/07 01:34 PM
It looks like the meter/panel unit could be set up to easily go over the six throw limit as well - no main in this panel. Plus, I'm wondering what is the ampacity rating of the main supply cable to the meter. Looks like it might be quite a stretch to supply that large panel.
The workspace violation created by the presence of the washing machine/dryer is another problem, along with the fact that there is not much physically supporting the large panel.
In all, the close co-existence of electrical and plumbing makes me very nervous.

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Why put a new meter socket? - 09/22/07 09:04 PM
That might have been a little less ugly had he used a breaker in tha meter panel as the main, and then feed the other new panel as a sub-panel. The washing machine is another issue, though...
Posted By: electure Re: Why put a new meter socket? - 09/23/07 02:10 AM
It seems odd that there would be 12 spaces in the panel with the metering, yet it comes to a set of main lugs, and not a main breaker.
Posted By: n1ist Re: Why put a new meter socket? - 09/23/07 09:33 PM
12 spaces lets you put in 6 double-pole breakers and still be legal...
© ECN Electrical Forums