ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/21/07 02:16 AM
Here is a picture of a pool panel outside by a nice new inground pool. If the homeowner had called for a final inspection ontime I am sure that this job would pass. Instead, the homeowner waited for several months before calling for final inspection. Since then the fence company installed the fence 12" in front of the panel. I can't even get the door open. I am sorry that there is only 1 picture, there was an angry dog just inside that fence. Needless to say the job got red tagged.

Harold

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alan Nadon Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/21/07 03:01 PM
It's not getting any smarter out there.
Will they move the fence, or the panel ?
Posted By: ghost307 Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/21/07 04:47 PM
They'll probably submit a proposal to the 2011 NEC to revise 110-26.

wink
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/21/07 05:44 PM
I think that I've seen that picture before. Isn't there a fairly steep drop-off down the hill behind it as well?
Posted By: harold endean Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/22/07 01:50 AM
Ed,

You have a great memory. I did submit a pool panel with a steep drop off a while ago. (I still don't think that panel got fixed) However this is not the same panel. If the fence wasn't there this panel would more than likely pass inspection. (I am not sure cause I can't open the panel up)Here I am guessing that they will put a fence opening right in front of the panel. This way they could just open up a gate and work on the panel. I have seen many, many times where the landscaper will install a tree or bush in front of the panel to hide the equipment. However this was the first time I saw a fence in front of the panel.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/22/07 03:08 PM
No doubt, a gate there would probably satisfy the inspector as long as it's not locked. I'd imagine that would also be the least-expensive solution!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 08/23/07 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by EV607797
I think that I've seen that picture before. Isn't there a fairly steep drop-off down the hill behind it as well?

You might be thinking of this thread.

wink
Posted By: telect Re: Pool Panel Red Tagged - 10/02/07 10:33 PM
It's the od addage what came first the pane or the fence, was the panel there at time of inspection, than came the fence???
© ECN Electrical Forums