ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/19/07 10:19 PM
I was on a job recently, where I just had to smile as I approached the panel:

[Linked Image]

Yes, that working space violation - don't we wish they were all this minor- is one of those tabletop 'zen' water fountains. I guess he solved his 'harmonics' issues by bringing the phases ito 'harmony' ..... laugh

Now, I am always reassured when I know I am following behind a professional. Still, I was not sure to make of the Union labels on the cover ... one for the Painters', and one for the Plumbers' Locals:

[Linked Image]

Talk about crossing crafts laugh

Finally, our Sparky found that 4-11 covers made great filler plates:

[Linked Image]

Not pretty, but it'll do!
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/20/07 05:31 PM
Reno, was it going "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"?
If so, that's real zen!
Posted By: mahlere Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/21/07 10:49 PM
No, Reno is going "OOOOHHHHHMMMMMMMM"
Posted By: renosteinke Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/22/07 01:35 AM
laugh
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/22/07 05:24 AM
LOL laugh
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/23/07 09:52 PM
Ahh yes,
But I can't help but think there's one thing missing here......

Incense!!
Posted By: Ann Brush Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 08/27/07 08:20 PM
Incense provided by smoldering THHN - we've got yards of it.
Posted By: Obsaleet Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 09/10/07 02:14 AM
lol!!

Ob
Posted By: Jps1006 Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 09/10/07 10:33 PM
Is that panel with all the union stickers labeled as panel DA? Maybe a little too subtle to get a chuckle from even the giddiest among us. Gives me an idea though, I'm going to keep a look out for the perfect opportunity to label one as DOH!!! Or maybe relabel one I stumble across that really looks like Homer Simpson did it.
Posted By: yaktx Re: ZEN and the art of Electrical Work - 09/12/07 04:28 AM
I've used the 4-11 (or 4") trick many times. Whenever possible, I secure them with pop rivets. When you are adding a circuit to 30-year-old equipment that might be 400A or more, and a full upgrade is not justifiable, and you just want it to pass...

This method meets Code, and is lots better than calling around to a dozen supply houses looking for this or that proprietary filler plate.

BTW, I usually secure them from the back of the deadfront. It looks better that way.
© ECN Electrical Forums