ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 01:11 AM
7 Kv primary line. If it isn’t actually touching, it’s within 3” to 6”. They can’t finish framing the garage until this is moved.

JohnJ0906

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 02:43 AM
How did they get that (what looks like a) 2X4 there? eekconfused

Ian A.
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 03:51 PM
The piece sticking out looks like a board (1 by) rather than dimensional lumber (2 by). It's fairly common practice to stick an oversize piece up and then trim to fit. I must presume that common practice was succeeded by common sense, in that nobody is eager to get next to that line to trim the end. eek
Posted By: BElder Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 06:14 PM
It's a 2"X6"
Posted By: jdevlin Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 06:27 PM
What is the second line in the firt picture that is not present in the other pictures?
Posted By: JohnJ0906 Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 09:59 PM
The other wire is 4' or so below the primary. Nuetral? Ground? (I'm not very familiar with line work)
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/12/07 11:28 PM
sick BElder: Thanks for the correction. I should have noticed that the small dimension of the outflung was the same as the upright frame members, thus 2 by. Well, that was going to be my next guess.

When in doubt, use the David Niven method: called upon your mistake, say you meant something else. When the something else proves to be wrong, tell them "I didn't say it!" Kinda tough when it's posted in black and white, though. laugh
Posted By: BElder Re: Close Primary Wire - 04/13/07 03:26 PM
My Pleasure wink
God Bless
© ECN Electrical Forums