ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Getting the Electric Chair - 05/16/06 12:10 AM
We've been through the misuse and misinstallation of floor receptacles in other threads.

I saw this one and thought it was especially nice.
Although this is in a "Medical Building", the place doesn't even come close to complying with NEC Chapters 1-4, and Article 517 might as well not exist [Linked Image]

This gave new gusto to my lifelong fear of going to the dentist. I think I'd rather just let my teeth rot. They're sure not gonna knock ME out and start sticking grounded metal drills and such in MY mouth.

How good a conductor is a metal filling in a tooth, anyway?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PEdoubleNIZZLE Re: Getting the Electric Chair - 05/16/06 10:13 AM
Not sure how good a conductor a filling is, but mine fell out a few days ago. If I find it, i'll check it. As for gettin my filling redone, after seeing this pic, I think I can handle it myself. A bottle of whiskey, and my soldering Iron. After all, I just got my IPC J-STD-001D in soldering...
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Getting the Electric Chair - 05/18/06 04:14 PM
Well. You can always stick the probes from an ohm-meter into your mouth.... [Linked Image]
Posted By: napervillesoundtech Re: Getting the Electric Chair - 05/22/06 08:16 PM
At least there is no ground up/down argument here! Seriously, though, it is thingls like this that cause problems. What if someone was to spill something on this? I am assuming that if the installer didn't know enough to wire this right, there probably isn't a GFCI on it.
© ECN Electrical Forums