Posted By: electure Inside the Box - 12/18/05 02:13 AM
Yes what's inside matters, too.

From LK:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigJohn Re: Inside the Box - 12/18/05 09:10 PM
Picture #2: The blue wire looks an awful lot like Cat-5, is it? Reminds me of an installtion a friend of mine was telling me about: He's a network admin. for his college. He "needed" an IG receptacle. He drove a ground rode (his version of IG) and then ran a whole bunch of parallel Cat-5 to the receptacle for his power wiring. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

If the wiring in the picture is actually power wire, the only violation I see is the identification of the neutral. Unless there's something up with that ring-terminal on the EGC...? [Linked Image]

-John
Posted By: trekkie76 Re: Inside the Box - 12/19/05 10:39 PM
Pic #1 doesnt look like they grounded the box or found a connector big enough to fit the hole on the back of that box they screwed to the wall.

Not sure about pic#2. The green tape on the wire nutted to the nuetral has me concerned. Seems like a wiring method changeover point, what is that blue wire?

Pic #3, you might have a problem getting a cover on it, with the circuit coming through the front. Of course, the cover screws are already being used for grounding, so they couldnt hold a cover anyway. Some of the white wires are going into black wire nut, so you have some identification issues.

Not too sure about the last pic.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Inside the Box - 12/20/05 01:55 AM
Whats the deal with the NM-B disappearing into the cinderblock sans its outer sheathing, lack of connector, etc, etc....?? [Linked Image]

This looks like stuff I used to find working service in LA [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums