ECN Forum
Posted By: Roger Econo Exit Lights - 07/07/04 07:46 PM
These were sent to me from an Inspector Friend of mine, which was from an Inspector in another county, he thought we would enjoy them.

[Linked Image]

Now a look at the internal wiring [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks to Jerry Avery Columbus County NC

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 07-08-2004).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Econo Exit Lights - 07/07/04 09:28 PM
I would guess that this must be on an emergency generator backed circuit since I don't see any battery back-up. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Econo Exit Lights - 07/07/04 09:59 PM
Another quality installation by No-Expense-Spared Electric, Inc. [Linked Image]

This looks like it was a lash-up during a work-in-progress, although isn't that an exit door right below the sign which points to exits left and right?

At least it doesn't have the stupid "running man" icon now found in this part of the world.
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: Econo Exit Lights - 07/08/04 01:12 AM
I sure hope they don't paint that OSB in back of that lamp with good ol' nitrocellulose lacquer, thereby putting the sign to the test!

Or is that sign indicating a command I should type in on my PC- (I tried to get the bracketed "EXIT" thing to appear but no-go) [Linked Image]

It certainly appears that whoever installed this had the light on but nobody was home...

Just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Sir Arcsalot (edited 07-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Sir Arcsalot (edited 07-07-2004).]
Posted By: electure Re: Econo Exit Lights - 07/08/04 11:27 AM
I've always wondered what to do with the extra face that comes with many exit fixtures.

Now, I know! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Econo Exit Lights - 07/08/04 03:36 PM
If this is the E-signs, I wanna see the emergency back up lights [Linked Image] Is that sealtite or a tweaked piece of schedule 40 with the light taped on.... I saw something not too far off from this once at a mall, during a massive remodel... there was an actual work light behind one of the exit sign fronts, in a fairly dark corridor...

-Randy
© ECN Electrical Forums