ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Water Bond & Corrosion Problems - 07/10/04 03:04 AM
Homeowner had no clue that this was disconnected, nor how long it had been this way...
[Linked Image]
Strange corrosion happening in the panel also, considering this wasn't really along the coast (Irvine, CA) There were some larger circuits that are aluminum.. could dissimmilar metals being in proximity with each other???

-Randy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: necbuff Re: Water Bond & Corrosion Problems - 07/10/04 03:14 AM
I don't know much about CA.. Have similar trouble w/ sulfer H2O where i am from..
Posted By: stamcon Re: Water Bond & Corrosion Problems - 07/10/04 03:18 AM
Randy, in picture #1, the stucco appears to have been patched/repaired(different texture). The GEC might have been disconnected at that time.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Water Bond & Corrosion Problems - 07/10/04 07:15 AM
Necbuff...
I know we have all the crap in the air here, thus it comes down anytime we get rain.. but I looked over this can completely trying to find a way moisture could be getting in here... Everything a typical N3R panel should have was present & in decent shape... Then there's the conductors at terminations.... I'm guessing someone left the cover proped open for some extended period of time somewhere alog the line... This is the first time I've seen a panel with this in this city..(I've seen at least 20-30)

Steve... I thought of that at first also.. But the HO says nothing's been done out there since he moved in! (He says he's been there for 7 years, hope it hasn't been that way for THAT long! [Linked Image] )

-Randy
© ECN Electrical Forums