ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Nice place for a heater! - 07/16/04 03:46 AM
Do you like this nice heated working stool for performing work on this panel?

- Ian, aka “OhmSweetOhm”
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: electricman2 Re: Nice place for a heater! - 07/16/04 09:03 PM
Unbelieveable. Wonder if that is the operating instructions taped to the panel?
Posted By: uksparky Re: Nice place for a heater! - 07/16/04 09:17 PM
In the second pic, is that the man responsible for fitting the furnace looking nervously in as you take the photo?? [Linked Image]

At least the panel wouldn't suffer from damp!!!
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Nice place for a heater! - 07/17/04 02:59 PM
Does the receptacle under the window require GFCI protection?

Pierre
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Nice place for a heater! - 07/17/04 03:10 PM
Funny how I always try to maintain working space clearances for other trades, but I rarely get this reciprocated [Linked Image] Even sitting on that unit, this panel would be a PITA to do much beyond reset a breaker in!

Is that orange cable winding its way around above the panel 10/3?

-Randy
Posted By: OhmSweetOhm Re: Nice place for a heater! - 07/20/04 03:36 AM
UKsparky: No, the person in the picture was my buddy grilling out! This was taken on a fishing trip in Northern Wisconsin my family and I were on and it is tough NOT taking pictures of electrical violations when I see 'em!

PCBelarge: This room was a mechanical room and even though it was drywalled, I personally considered it "unfinished". The kitchen or bathroom was not GFCI protected at all.

Randy: I figured you'd get a kick out of this one! The 10/3 actually is stretched around the room and goes into a water heater with no supporting means whatsoever (into the heater, that is). It is cable-tied to a copper pipe that also stretches around the room.

Ian
© ECN Electrical Forums