ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/09/05 01:55 AM
This pic shows just how hard someone wil work to create a dangerous situation.

Wishing to install a dryer in the basement, someone cut the rigid that contained the kitchen range conductors. They then made a 'flying splice.'

Please note the several-foot length of missing pipe. The one pipe is empty, as I had already removed the wires and started cleaning up this mess. I have not removed any pipe, boxes, or bushings....what you see is how it was.

- renosteinke
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tiger Re: Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/09/05 03:02 AM
I try to tell guys...play with your carpentry, play with your plumbing, but don't play with your electrical system. They never seem to understand that they could kill themselves, or burn their house down.

Also...it's always the guys that do this stuff. I've never heard the husband say, "My wife did that, I wish she'd leave it alone."

Dave
Posted By: Hemingray Re: Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/09/05 03:20 AM
is that K&T I spy back there?
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/09/05 04:52 AM
Yes, it is K & T
Posted By: Hemingray Re: Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/09/05 05:17 AM
oddly enough I acquired a roll of that junk not too long ago. now I actually know what it's made of o.o
Posted By: pauluk Re: Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/09/05 01:43 PM
They never seem to understand that they could kill themselves, or burn their house down.

If their plumbing skills match their electrical skills, at least there's a chance of the electrical fire being extinguished by the water pouring out of the leaks........ [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: RSmike Re: Ultimate Flying Splice - 08/10/05 04:13 PM
...and they weren't sure what was neutral so they painted everything white....

RSlater,
RSmike
© ECN Electrical Forums