ECN Forum
Is there such a street sign called "Violations Way" or something similar in your city?

I took this picture last month:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RR Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 03/06/03 03:33 PM
Does anyone remember the song "Electric Avenue" back in the 80s?
Dude! That was an awsome tune!

We have an "Electric Ave. here in Bay Village, Oh.

No "Violations Way"........
Posted By: n1ist Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 03/07/03 01:09 AM
I remember seeing a picture of an Electric Avenue streetsign. Being a dead-end street, it had a yellow "No Outlet" traffic sign right below... Not sure if it was a real one or made up for the photo :-)
There's a street in an Industrial area of Garden Grove called "A Better Way". I'll snap a Digital Image of the sign for the group.

I've probably been on "Electric Ave." in Alhambra (not too many places in So. Cal. I haven't been through or worked in).

The "Big Tilt-Ups" area of Irvine has streets named after Tech gurus and a few machines!
Saw "Eniac" and the EEs that designed it (plus Univac) on street signs!
Also an EE with Bell Labs, involved with the creation of Transistor (1948) was a street's name too!

Scott35 S.E.T.
Posted By: kale Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 03/11/03 12:00 AM
There is a Lies Road in Carol Stream, IL. Wonder if that's where the used car dealers set up shop?
Posted By: pwood Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 03/12/03 10:02 PM
did some inspections on OHM PATH in mt shasta calif.i think it was named for the the sound the locals make when they meditate?
did some inspections on OHM PATH in mt shasta calif.

I wonder if people there put up very little resistance....
Our power company has their office on OHM Way. And they wonder why they get resistance from the public....
In Morrisville PA, on the Morrisville/ Fallsington Boarder, there is a road called Violations Rd. Don't try looking for it on any map, it only serves two houses, and they both have approximetely (I'm not worried abot spelling) 40 electrical violations on each side. (A lot of external wiring).
Whoopsies, I said, "I'm not worried abot spelling," Well, I'm really not.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 06/06/04 09:16 PM
Ah... I love the American street-name signs. They're so much nicer, not to mention better-placed and more informative than ours in England.

I can't add any Electric Avenues or Violation Roads to the list, but if you consider one of the possible consequences of such violations, it might explain why a lot of cities have a Fire Lane. [Linked Image]
Paul:

from http://www.londontreasures.com/index_outdoors.htm

Brixton Market is set on one of the first streets in London to have electric light, the appropriately named Electric Avenue...
Posted By: pauluk Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 06/07/04 10:32 PM
Well I never knew that..... [Linked Image]
Best I could do on short notice. {Courtesy of hogranch.com}

[Linked Image from 6l6.net]
UPDATE!!!

The "Violation Way" road on the Fallsington/ Morrisville was ripped out, along with it's two violation full houses. The land was bought by a housing development company and turned into townhomes!!
Posted By: pauluk Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 07/29/04 10:18 AM
Best I could do on short notice.
Now should that be Disc Dr. or Disk Dr.?

Could be nearly as controversial as ground up or ground down! [Linked Image]
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Street Signs Do Any Say "Violations Way"? - 08/25/04 06:25 PM
Yesterday after dropping a friend off at the JFK airport in NYC, I saw a sign on Interstate 678 (Van Wick IIRC, heads north from the airport) saying "No Conduit Ave". Is everything romex or BX there? [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums