ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/25/02 10:38 AM
What's your New Year's resoluion?

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-10-2003).]
Posted By: j a harrison Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/25/02 12:40 PM
Weel joe,

I suppose my new years resolution will be, to be more approachable and respectfull to some of our more annoying clients.

And a personal one would be, to ensure that my close family are looked after in any way that is possible.

John H
Posted By: pseudonym Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/25/02 01:24 PM
I will try to think first about what I will say before I speak out loud, and I will show more respect for my fellow man.
Posted By: classicsat Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/25/02 03:41 PM
No resolutions, but I do hope to get some shelving up, to vericalize my piles of stuff.
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/25/02 04:05 PM
Quit smoking!
Posted By: CTwireman Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/25/02 04:33 PM
To find a job!!
Posted By: WireNuts87 Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/26/02 07:52 AM
Well joe, I guess mine would be to finish remodeling my house.That I started 2 years ago.Some $65k later I am about done.Just need to finish the wiring in the attic.
Posted By: Trainwire Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/26/02 12:07 PM
Mine is pretty ambitious.

To waste less time, and to consider each action in light of eternity, and will that action hinder or help.

Now to figger out how to do it.

I think time at the ECN counts as "training" [Linked Image]

TW
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/26/02 02:38 PM
To get off my duff and replace the crumbling wires in my apartment walls... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 12-29-2002).]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/30/02 11:37 AM
Learn how to sell safety!!
Posted By: sparky Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 12/30/02 12:22 PM
To end up a better tradesman by this time next year.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/01/03 03:36 PM
Well, I'm a bit late, but that's OK, because I resolved, a while back, not to make any more New Year's resolutions.

However...

I would like to find employment any North NJ guys looking for a helper? and to seriously get into the trade.

I will be going to the Union Hall this Friday (that's the only day they take applications).

CTwireman: I wish you success (and everyone else, for that matter)!

Mr. Tedesco:
May I suggest an idea for "selling safety" as you phrased it: I vividly recall a movie shown in grade school, presented by a representative from AMTRAK. There were tracks near the school and they wanted to impress upon us the danger of playing on or near the tracks. Perhaps you can get something going with school districts to start people off at a young age, making them aware just how dangerous extension cords are, etc. Young minds are impressionable...
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/01/03 03:52 PM
Free UL electrical safety videos that can be used to "sell safety" can be found here.

http://www.ul.com/consumers/videos.html
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/02/03 02:30 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/02/03 10:37 PM
Joe,

As far as 'Selling Safety" goes, as per several correspondences we were supposed to get a Link from NESF and work cooperatively with them on getting Safety info and messages out. Any info or relationship has yet to materialize though.

Bill
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/02/03 10:52 PM
http://www.nesf.org/links/#other

Bill: I have been included in their list of links since they started.

You may want to contact the Executive Director, Michael Clendenin and ask him to include the ECN Safety Links.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/03/03 12:34 AM
Joe,

We've corresponded already, also with the Director before him. Being that they initiated the original contact(s) I was surprised when nothing panned out and further emails had not been answered.

Bill
Posted By: John Steinke Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/08/03 12:53 AM
I will go without underwear- so no one will ever be amle to clain they found my shorts!
Posted By: wolfdog Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 01/08/03 01:07 AM
Whoa! Too much information John!
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: What's your New Year's resoluion? - 02/17/03 02:55 PM
Has anyone obtained the "Free UL electrical safety videos yet"?
http://www.ul.com/consumers/videos.html
© ECN Electrical Forums