ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Two for One! - 08/01/02 09:34 PM
[Linked Image]

Hey!

Cite the rules that are violated here!
Posted By: Randy Barnett Re: Two for One! - 08/01/02 10:34 PM
Caught you Joe -- using one of my pictures, eh? Go ahead anytime!

Say, don't blame the electrician on this one. This work was done on an Air Force base after the final electrical inspection was completed. The irrigation contractor needed to get 120V to his irrigation box on the outside of the building (upper right). So, he found a way to get it done (ouch!).

When we saw the flexible conduit going into that elbow, we had to get a key to open the door and this picture is what we found!
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Two for One! - 08/02/02 11:43 AM
Randy:

Whew! I was really worried, and didn't want any legal problems.

I too have many pictures and many people use them during their classes. I have no problem with that because I am the only one who has "the rest of the story"

Do you have any more pictures to share?

Say, don't blame the electrician on this one. This work was done on an Air Force base after the final electrical Inspection was completed. The irrigation contractor needed to get 120V to his irrigation box on the outside of the building (upper right). So, he found a way to get it done (ouch!).

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 08-02-2002).]
Posted By: wirewiz Re: Two for One! - 08/02/02 02:44 PM
Violations:
110-2. Approval. The conductors and equipment required or permited by this code shall be acceptable only if approved.

547-13. Bends- How Made. Bends of rigid nonmetallic conduit shall be made so that the conduit will not be damaged and the internal diamater of the conduit will not be effectively reduced. Field bends shall be made only with bending equipment identified for the purpose, and the radius of the inner edge of such bends shall not be less than shown in table 346-10.

347-8. (a) Securely Fastened Each rigid nonmetallic conduit shall be securely fastened within 3 ft of each outlet box, junction box, device box, conduit body, or other conduit termination. Conduit listed for securing at other than 3 ft shall be permited to be installed in accordance with the listing.

What did I miss?
Wirewiz
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Two for One! - 08/10/02 01:59 PM
wirewiz:

Good, and from the 1999 NEC, just change 547-13 to 347-13.
© ECN Electrical Forums