ECN Forum
Posted By: grasshopper taxes - 10/27/10 01:24 AM
this may seem like a stupid question but im just starting alot of my research before I start working on my business plan in about a week.. basically what iam wondering is what part of the a bill is taxable? (Iam in Canada btw) I just dont know if I just take the total bill and add the tax on that. what about the materials that I already paid tax on do I have to charge again? thanks for anyhelp ive searched sbinfo cant seem to find the answers its all very confusing if anyone can clear this up pls help thanks in advance
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: taxes - 10/27/10 01:54 AM
Grasshopper:
Welcome to ECN forums!! One of Canadian members should jump in and give you their opinion.

In the meantime, Canada covers a lot of acreage, how about a province or area??

Posted By: gfretwell Re: taxes - 10/27/10 03:38 AM
We may want to move this to the Canadian area, just because he will have more folks from the Great White North looking at it.
Posted By: dougwells Re: taxes - 10/27/10 05:24 AM
In BC the whole bill will carry a HST tax of 12 percent
Posted By: twh Re: taxes - 10/27/10 09:03 AM
It might make a difference which province you are in. In Sask we add only gst to the entire bill.
Posted By: grasshopper Re: taxes - 10/27/10 07:03 PM
Iam in Nova Scotia and I believe the hst is at 15% thanks for all the replies so far fellas
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: taxes - 10/27/10 11:47 PM
Wow...here in NJ the sales tax is only 7% & people complain about that!

Posted By: candyman Re: taxes - 02/03/11 05:46 AM
quick let's all move to nj haha. in bc we have combined the gst and old provincial tax to a new hst at 12%
© ECN Electrical Forums