ECN Forum
Posted By: mr_electrician Looking for change - 05/29/08 11:11 AM
Hello everyone. I am sure this is not the right area to post this but I wanted it to be in the canadian area. I am a 35 year old electrician in London Ontario looking to make a move to another company. I am looking into working with well established small to medium sized companies that do industrial work and some commercial work. I have a 309a, 442a, and a masters. Currently I am employed in the automotive industry. If you know of a good company that pays my current wage of $30/hr + or - $2/hr then point them to this posting or send a private message.
Thanks
Posted By: marsbar Re: Looking for change - 06/04/08 01:26 AM
Now is not the best time for starting a new job, where are you working. I am also from London, Ontario and things are slowing down as far as I can see, there is the option of sub contract work in residential areas but I would still keep a FT job.
Posted By: Check Pilot Re: Looking for change - 06/04/08 04:33 AM
Would you be willing to pay your own move to Alberta?
Posted By: Check Pilot Re: Looking for change - 06/04/08 04:45 AM
I'm looking for one new guy. We do reno's exclusively, mostly kitchens, which almost always means a change in panelboards in the area that we concentrate on here in Edmonton. 10 hour days. Someone that's a Journeymen only and looking for or has a Master certificate is our requirement.

Ya gotta be extremely good with our clients too.

It starts at $45.00 per hour and incrementally gets to $75.00 per hour in 3 years if you make our customers happy with no complaints. You will need to be a Master Electrician by that time too. (Or my wife will kill me). :-)
Posted By: mr_electrician Re: Looking for change - 06/04/08 11:16 AM
That wage seems fairly good to an ontarian, but the cost of living is so much higher there in Alberta.
Posted By: homerjones Re: Looking for change - 06/11/08 12:27 AM
call the ibew local in your area or if your interested in toronto or ibew 2085 in wpg is hotter than a firecracker for work and will probably take in new journeyman
© ECN Electrical Forums