ECN Forum
Posted By: frank line isolation monitor circuits - 02/12/06 07:38 PM
I have to run an isolated ground circuit from a L.I.M panel in a hospital O.R room for operating lights.
Ive done this many times in the past in different hospitals and always used EMT.
The supervisor i have now is dead set on using PVC.Inspection never mentioned a problem with past installations.
I looked it up in the code and they do specify PVC unless The building code states otherwise.
I don't have a building code book for Ontario but believe PVC not allowed in hospital construction.I don't know if it's ft6 rated or not.
Since the supervisor wants PVC thats what i will do and see what the CCS inspector has to say when he sees it.
I can't really call him to ask now and don't want to bring it up after the fact so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Another possibility would be ISO AC90 but does it come with brown and Orange and would it be legal for a retrofit?Ive also seen regular ac90 used in some older installations.
thanks
Posted By: bigrockk Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 02/13/06 10:12 PM
It seems to be really tough to find any info pertaining to this on the internet.

The only thing I could suggest would be to obtain the building code from your local library if they have it.

When I was in Alberta I needed a copy of the building code and the fire code and was able to obtain them from the library.
Posted By: frank Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 02/13/06 11:26 PM
OMG never thought about the library!
thanks bigrockk.
Posted By: bigrockk Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 02/18/06 06:13 PM
Frank:
I was just curious (nosey) if the library worked out for you or not and if you resolved you installation dilemma?
Hope it worked out!
Posted By: frank Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 03/02/06 09:10 PM
I herniated the disk out at L3&L4 afew weeks ago while busting through a block wall.Funny thing was i swear i both heard and felt it let go while swinging the sledge but didn't feel any real pain until i awoke the next morning unable to walk?
I never made it to the library and cant go to work while stoned on pain killers.The doc said they will not do surgery if at all possible.
cheers
Posted By: bigrockk Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 03/03/06 03:16 AM
Frank,
Sorry to hear of your injury.I think a back injury is one of the worst.
Anyway, wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!!
Posted By: distributor x Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 03/21/06 02:02 PM
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by distributor x (edited 05-03-2006).]
Posted By: distributor x Re: line isolation monitor circuits - 03/21/06 02:10 PM
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by distributor x (edited 05-03-2006).]
© ECN Electrical Forums