ECN Forum
Posted By: Tesla End game in Spain - 01/10/14 06:53 AM
The national government of Spain pushed alternate energy in a major way.

cry

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/06/w...ns-pocketbooks.html?ref=science&_r=0

Read it ^^^ and weep.

"...the original law specifically guaranteed a fee of 58 cents for each kilowatt-hour for the next 25 years and guaranteed 80 percent of that for the years thereafter."

This is exactly where California is at. It's pushing deals that are insanely uneconomic -- with benefits that favor the few while displacing the expenses onto all of society -- by indirection.

The costs are still there, and eventually blow up the economy -- because the scale is so great.

Until that moment comes, all of the interested parties decieve themselves and everyone else. All and every are told that it's a winner.

Winners don't need such staggering subsidies.

====

Carried on long enough, far enough, it puts people off on the whole idea of using electric power... which hits pretty close to home, where I sit.

In my neck of the woods, the vast bulk of my trade is dedicated to downsizing the load side of the grid. If we didn't have LED retro-fit work, we'd all be starving.

Indirectly, our trade is being taxed out of business.

All of this effort isn't going to get India or Red China to burn even one less pound of coal... as if that makes any difference, anyway.

If truck drivers can protest road taxes, it's high time that electricians protest sumptuary taxes on electric power. mad
Posted By: stockbrokers Re: End game in Spain - 10/02/14 11:16 PM
Its a right decision alternate energy solution must be adopt to control electricity prices.
© ECN Electrical Forums