ECN Forum
Posted By: mikethebull New Customers - 11/30/12 05:13 AM
Has anyone else been getting a lot of inqueries about electrical work and they want a price "over the phone/internet" without ever being there?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: New Customers - 11/30/12 02:43 PM
Shoppers! I used to return the call, and explain (briefly) that we don't provide that service, however I provided a service call charge if they wanted that.
Posted By: twh Re: New Customers - 12/01/12 01:22 AM
Some companies provide flat rate pricing.
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: New Customers - 12/17/12 11:31 AM
I have simair situation and I have few customers that called me to give the estamate over the phone even with internet on the Email ( this part I have to be carefull ) and tell them I don't useally quote it over the phone or email without photo unless I am at the location then I can able determted what the charge will be.

Of course there will be a service call fee add to it until the main contract is drawen up properly then I can take the SC fee and use that to the contract as cridet.

That how I knock the price shopper out of the list.

Sure I give them the X numbers of days before I start work and also I hold the price for XX of days before it expired ( most case useally 20 days for resdentails the commercals useally either 15 or 30 days but never more that.)

Merci,
Marc
© ECN Electrical Forums