ECN Forum
Posted By: part270579 Employment in Vancouver? - 06/15/11 06:27 PM
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. Not sure if I'm in the 'right' section.

I'm 32 and moving to BC from UK on Friday to be with my wife. I'm gonna be looking for work sponsership in the Greater vancouver area. Never worked in Canada before, but I have challenged and passed my IP Red Seal exam in Construction Electrician in December 2009, in Penticton. I will also be challenging my Industrial paper later this year.

I've worked in the industry for 16 years and in almost all the major field. I also contracted to Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd (http://www.fwc.com/) for just over four years. I have also undertaken or subcontracted to many residential, commercial and industrial projects. I have a youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/part270579?feature=mhee) showing some of my past work.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone is prepared to 'take the risk' and see my potential I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks guys,

Pat
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/15/11 06:31 PM
Pat:

Welcome to ECN forums!!

Let's see if any of the Canadian members jump in here.

Posted By: jay8 Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/16/11 01:11 AM
Not sure what you mean by work sponsorship, but if you already have your IP you should just be able to use the tried and true job hunt methods, I always see postings for electricians on Craigslist if that is any indication of the market now. They do caution you about sending confidential resumes to dodgy posts but I see lots of legit ones there.
Posted By: part270579 Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/16/11 08:44 AM
Thanks Hotline.

Jay: I need a job offer from a Canadian employer. We then have to go through the 'sponserhip' process so I can get a work permit and hold a legal and legitamit job.
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/16/11 01:11 PM
A little bird tells me there's a cable / dish TV / electrical contractor in Kamloops who would love to hear from you.
Posted By: part270579 Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/16/11 06:45 PM
Hmmm...thanks Renosteinke....where can I find them?!
Posted By: dougwells Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/16/11 08:53 PM
I think reno must be referring to me.
but i am a 4 hour drive from vancouver smile

Posted By: part270579 Re: Employment in Vancouver? - 06/16/11 09:08 PM
Dougwells, my wifes auntie is moving to Kamloops for work herself. They are uprooting from Chillawack in the next month or so laugh
© ECN Electrical Forums