ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Biz going to the dogs - 04/13/10 12:30 PM
Ok, i've been geting my foot in the door on a few jobs due to carrying around , and passing out a few of these>

[Linked Image from media.supereco.com]

Of all the things i've tried, specials, promo's, spamming with my web site, new co shirts, hats, etc. this seems to work best

Usually the owners dog comes out in front of him/her to 'inspect' an arrival of another human, protection being their natural compulsion.

If said arrival is ok with the dog, s/he's in. Having that biscuit ready at the precise moment allows for the animal's questioning look back to their master "Gee, he's gotta biscuit, so he's gotta be okay"

Maybe it's coincidence, or maybe because most dogs are better people than people, but doggone, it's been working!

WOOF!
~S~
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Biz going to the dogs - 04/13/10 02:43 PM
LOL!

Posted By: gfretwell Re: Biz going to the dogs - 04/13/10 03:01 PM
The only thing I suggest is that you ask the owner about the biscuit first. Beside possible allergy problems in some "foo foo" dogs, some people don't like you bribing their watch dog.
Posted By: sparky Re: Biz going to the dogs - 04/13/10 10:50 PM
good point, didn't think of that Greg.......

~S~
Posted By: Rewire Re: Biz going to the dogs - 04/14/10 04:32 AM
I had a customer who had a goat that would pass out if startled
Posted By: sparky Re: Biz going to the dogs - 04/14/10 12:18 PM
he read the bill Rewrie....? grin

ok, so maybe i should keep the biscuit in my pocket, and play the 'glad to see me' card?

~S~
Posted By: renosteinke Re: Biz going to the dogs - 04/17/10 05:58 PM
I've been preaching your trick for years! I learned it first when driving a cab .... it's amazing the effect it has on the customer when the 'dog who never likes anyone' likes you!

Do be carefull, though. Use only real dog treats... other food, and especially cat food, is too rich and can give Fido the 'trots.'
© ECN Electrical Forums