ECN Forum
Posted By: Branch Bid Manager by Vision - 11/26/05 04:17 PM
Hi I'm thinking about buying the bid manager classic software. Not sure about training for this program is the CD's a good way to learn this software. I would appreciate any input. Thanks [Linked Image]
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Bid Manager by Vision - 11/28/05 02:20 AM
I want to say they had a free demo CD you could get. Then they will call you from time to time. I don't know if you tried this. I tossed my demo. Can't remember much elce.

Tom
Posted By: Branch Re: Bid Manager by Vision - 11/28/05 02:40 AM
Thanks Tom, They are supposed to call and walk me threw the software but i know how long I will remember that. They have a CD you can buy put it's a little expensive but not as expensive as the training clases.
Posted By: chrsb Re: Bid Manager by Vision - 12/01/05 04:57 PM
Just have them throw it in for free. When I bought mine I got them to take the price down from list, throw in the training CD (which really isn't that great) and a few other things for a lot less then the list price. What I do recomend if you get the program is to use it for a few weeks (actually use it, and do a few take off's) then call for your free phone training and ask your questions. A few of my questions were how to change the pull down menu's in the take off screen, add items, edit the assemblies and a few others.

I am very happy with the program, the only thing I have a problem with is when you go to edit your take off in the audit trail, it gets all messed up and you have to exit and come back. They may have fixed this in the last year, my program is 1 year old. I have found a few other bugs, most they knew about already. If you have any questions, send me a e-mail and I will be glad to help. I also have made take off sheets that work nice with the program, if you would like a copy let me know.
Posted By: Branch Re: Bid Manager by Vision - 12/03/05 06:43 PM
Chrsb, Thanks for the input I would like to see your take off sheet you made. I have been working with this demo for about 2 weeks just getting used to it. I think i'm going to like the software. Thanks Branch
© ECN Electrical Forums