ECN Forum
Posted By: WhiteRook Anybody thinking about... - 10/04/05 09:37 PM
Anyone thinking of going to Louisiana, Mississippi or Alabama to work and rebuild that area? Seems like they need electricians as bad as they need all the other trades to get those people back into their homes/businesses. Any electrical contractors from those areas members here? What do ya'll think about this?
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Anybody thinking about... - 10/06/05 09:10 PM
As bad as this sounds, I'd love to live down there right now.

With all the corruption and free handouts, and mismanagement down there, you could charge a million dollars for wiring a dog house and the local government wouldn't even think twice.

I'm starting to look at it as, it is going to happen, and the most anyone's going to get is a slap on the wrist.

Slap my wrist, and "show me the money".

Just wait, there is going to be so much corruption, so many pay-offs, it will dwarf the cost of Andrew, Hugo, Iraq, and NY's towers combined....

Dnk.......
Posted By: WhiteRook Re: Anybody thinking about... - 10/06/05 09:23 PM
I'm talking about going there and doing the electrical the "right way", per code, etc. I just think that there is going to be an abundance of work and you can make a lot of money charging a fair price...
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Anybody thinking about... - 10/06/05 09:28 PM
I know what your saying......

And yes, there will be work there for the next ten years. But the little guys will get shut out from the good work, if you know what I mean. Corruption will take hold..

Whiterook, we haven't heard from you in while.
How you been?

Dnk....
Posted By: Cow Re: Anybody thinking about... - 10/06/05 10:56 PM
Nothing to add really, but what Dnkldorf said wouldn't really surprise me. I'm sure when there are major disasters such as Katrina it really draws the crooks out of the woodwork.

(sentence removed by Webmaster - no accusations please)

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 10-06-2005).]
Posted By: WhiteRook Re: Anybody thinking about... - 10/07/05 02:16 AM
Hey Dnk...had a blowout on my motorcycle in July, rear tire went. My wife was on the back and got the worst of it...five broken ribs, broken collar bone and a concussion. Thank God we were wearing our helmets. Anyway she is healing up pretty good, a little too slowly from her point of view and I was kinda busy taking care of her for awhile.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Anybody thinking about... - 10/07/05 02:50 AM
Sorry to hear that WhiteRook. Hope you and the ms. get well soon.

Prayers are with you.........

Welcome back.....

Dnk........
© ECN Electrical Forums