ECN Forum
Posted By: sid123456 forms for service call - 07/30/05 12:08 AM
does anyone have a good service invoice for service call? I can't seem to find one any where, and I suck at Excel......
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: forms for service call - 07/30/05 03:30 PM
If you give me a fax number, I'll send you a copy of mine. If you don't have a fax, I can probably scan it and send it email.
Posted By: sid123456 Re: forms for service call - 08/01/05 02:20 AM
Hey Eagle,

My fax is 404-351-8606. Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to go from construction electrican, to service electrician. I've got alot to learn.

Thanks again.
Sid
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: forms for service call - 08/06/05 02:00 PM
Sorry for the delay, I had a busy week and didn't check the board. I'll get it to you next time I go into the office. (Maybe today).
Posted By: Tiger Re: forms for service call - 08/06/05 02:08 PM
Consider getting a form at an office supply store. I use WORD for things like this in the office. If I use them in the truck, I'm always wanting for a copy for the client. With the duplicate forms I make inexpensive business labels (Avery type) which I stick on the clients copy.

Of course a printer can put together something very professional. NEBS has plenty of business forms for all your needs.

Dave
Posted By: cvelectric Re: forms for service call - 08/09/05 04:13 AM
This thread made me think about my paperwork for the millionth time. For larger jobs, I have a contract that spells out all the terms and conditions etc. But, for t+m I just use a simple invoice. It has no terms and cond. etc. I write it up when I'm done and will write any problems recommendations. I often think about getting something for the customer to sign before I start a service call to cover me. Both for liability and to make sure I get paid. The only problem I see is that some customers might be turned off by this. Does anyone already do this? Any thoughts?
Posted By: Tiger Re: forms for service call - 08/09/05 10:03 PM
I don't do much T&M anymore, but when I did I had a form that gave my rate which I had people sign. If they are the type of people who would be put off by that, think how much more YOU'LL be put off when they try to negotiate your invoice down at the end of the job.

Dave
© ECN Electrical Forums