ECN Forum
Posted By: JFLS41 Cheesy Inkjet Biz card at Lowes' gets me bid - 04/20/05 04:39 PM
I actually got a call for an estimate, not from my new phone book ad that just came out but from a cheesy inkjet business card I stuck on contractors bulletin board at Lowes. Apparently this woman called Home Depot first to find an electrician but they wouldn't help her (Home Depot won't do referalls anymore) so she called Lowes. They gave her two names, I was one.

She woke me up from a nap (I had been up studying the NEC 1:am for a test I am taking)so I am not sure all she said, either I was real groggy or she didn't know what the heck she was talking about, I do remember her saying: new roof on garage, the roofers/carpenters refused to hook up wire because of its condition (overhead wire) and some lights on back of house don't work either, so I set it up to go out there and look it over Thurs morning. The garage is uphill from the house so I am wondering why their isn't a buried cable, maybe a retaining wall or some funky setup, being western pa there is alot of hills and ledge type situations so hopefully I can handle this with a 24ft ladder if it definately has to be strung overhead because of no way to run underground, I will look that over and bid as well.

Anyone have any advice from what I have shared? I know your seasoned residential electricians and don't mind helping this greenhorn..

Jeff
Just curious..........Are you studying the NEC to get a license?
There is no Lic requirements where I live and work.

I have studied the NEC, been tested on it and finished my technical diploma.

Why do you ask?
© ECN Electrical Forums