ECN Forum
Posted By: Celtic NJ Business Law - 03/16/05 04:14 PM
Way back when I got my license, the "test" was based on NEC and NJ Business Law. I have had no problem getting the new code books - but after several moves I have lost the outdated law book...anyone know where I can buy a current edition of it?
I don't remember the "exact" title and a search at amazon.com gives me a few hundred titles to wade through. All I remember is the cover was green.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: LK Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 12:54 AM
Everytime i renew my business permit, they send the law book, with the Lic. and permit, blue cover.

Call the board and ask for a book.
Posted By: Celtic Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 01:10 AM
LK,
are we both talking about NJ ? ? ?
Posted By: dougwells Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 09:13 AM
hum you can check a members profile and usally it lists where they are at [Linked Image]
Posted By: nov Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 11:30 AM
my 2001 nj law book is from Experior Assessmens (it is the same company that gives the lic. test). The address is 2100 NW 53rd ave. Gainesville, FL 32653. Phone number (352) 373-8421
Posted By: Celtic Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 08:13 PM
I just find it hard to believe the Board would just give the book away. (...and yes, I see that LK is a NJ EC)
Posted By: LK Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 09:30 PM
Yes i am in NJ, and every Lic. period they have sent a Statutes and Regulations book.

I was just talking with another EC today, and he has received his, you may want to call the board and ask for a copy, Here in jersey don't be supprised if they start charging for the statutes, you never know when, or what they are going to tax next.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 03-17-2005).]
Posted By: Celtic Re: NJ Business Law - 03/17/05 11:44 PM
LK,
the Statutes and Regulations book is not the book I am referring to. (The Board does send that).
The book I am referring to, is the one nov referred to:
New Jersey Electrical Reference Manual
Experior Assessments
1260 Energy Lane
St. Paul, MN 55108

It cost $55 at either the Experior website(www.experioronline.com ~ site is a PITA to navigate) or at BuildersDepot (http://www.buildersbookdepot.com/newje20elrem.html)
Posted By: LK Re: NJ Business Law - 03/18/05 07:46 PM
That is the NJ Law Book, are you looking for the regulations, and code rehab section?
Posted By: Celtic Re: NJ Business Law - 03/18/05 10:13 PM
LK,
it's been so long since I opened that book(Ref. Man.) - I can't remember what's in it! That being said, it's time I get a current edition and have a few peeks inside it.

It's been quite a few years since I did any work (as an EC)...and I am trying to get up to speed again.
© ECN Electrical Forums