ECN Forum
Posted By: kennyillsley service in bathroom - 06/03/05 12:49 AM
Went to look at an addition for a resi job and found the service in a basement bathroom the H.O. installed sometime years ago. I called wire inspector but have not heard from him yet. Can I wire to this panel or does H.O. need new service?
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: service in bathroom - 06/03/05 02:10 AM
My opinion is that this is an existing installation and can be left as is. I have no problem with you powering circuits form it but I know others will. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 06-02-2005).]
Posted By: HLCbuild Re: service in bathroom - 06/03/05 02:59 AM
I had a similar problem. I had a homeowner build a clothes closet around his panel. The inspector made me take out the rod and shelf. He let me slide on the working clearance....I think your bathroom issue is an existing problem that a good inspector will demand be corrected.
Posted By: Tom Re: service in bathroom - 06/03/05 11:46 PM
Sounds to me like someone did some work without a permit. The electrical inspector may actually be required by law (varies wildly from area to area) to force the homeowner to remove this code violation. Best to wait for the authoritative answer from your AHJ.

Tom
Posted By: kennyillsley Re: service in bathroom - 06/07/05 07:24 PM
Just an update... The inspector Said get it out of the bathroom Gonna update to a 200Amp and use the panel as a splice box. Thanks for your input
Posted By: Roger Re: service in bathroom - 06/07/05 09:56 PM
What's the problem?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: service in bathroom - 06/07/05 10:42 PM
No shower curtain.
Posted By: Roger Re: service in bathroom - 06/07/05 11:05 PM
Okay Alan. [Linked Image]

Roger
Posted By: macmikeman Re: service in bathroom - 06/08/05 05:14 PM
First and most glaring thing I saw was the cracked tile just below the shower head. This could become a very very dangerous situation if MOLD develops. Somebody could be injured here.
Posted By: luckyshadow Re: service in bathroom - 06/08/05 10:48 PM
Is that Green paint Lead paint ? If so some one should paint over it to prevent any more paint from peeling.
Posted By: livetoride Re: service in bathroom - 06/09/05 04:42 AM
Is that a little high to be readily accessible? Rod
Posted By: mxslick Re: service in bathroom - 06/09/05 05:17 AM
The steam would help keep the FPE breakers from drying out and failing to trip, right? [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums