ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill39 Proposed Article 409 for Ind. Control Panels - 06/04/04 01:28 PM
Does anyone have any info about a proposed Article 409 to be included in the 2005 NEC that will cover industrial control panels? See below:
================================

The following is from an article at http://www.nfpa.org/NFPAJournal/Covers/necmj04/necmj04.asp regarding the new 2005 NEC...

"Among new or revised items in the 2005 edition is Article 220, which covers load calculation and was revised primarily from a usability standpoint. Also revised were Articles 409, which focuses on industrial control panels;....
==============================
Bill,

There's a Draft Copy of the 2005 NEC available (at the moment anyway) >> here

I did not see an Article 409

Bill
Wow, Bill, that's great!!!
Thank You [Linked Image]
great download Bill [Linked Image]
Article 409 is discussed in the "Report of Committee." It should be noted that there were many objections, citing this as either material that was already covered in product standards, or that would allow substandard equipment to be used.
I am wary of this, as I do not consider either the code, or the NFPA, appropriate bodies for addressing this subject. This get too much into design, process, and the appliance for me to be comfortable looking at the NEC as a primary source.
© ECN Electrical Forums